• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Camping--July 13-15

Which block of camping spots would you prefer?

  • 55-58 (near water, electrical hookup, outhouses)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 68-71 (near woods, restrooms/showers, more space between neighboring sites)

    Votes: 3 75.0%
  • don't care...

    Votes: 1 25.0%

  • Total voters
    4

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
1) Jay & Nanami - whenever
2) Joe - whenever
3) Tom&Taya, should be whenever. I took the day off too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
W

WhiteSpy9

Guest
Still gunning to join the fiesta... lady friend has to decide what she want to do still.

How are supplies looking? Do we need anything particular? Beer? Food?
 
J

JustROLLIN

Guest
Bad news for me.... I need to be here that Friday... Best case I will be out of here at 2:00ish... worst case I will be out of here at 4:30pm.... sucks, but it is what it is...
 
S

spek1098

Guest
I have a screened-in canopie and little charcoal grill that I can bring. My tent is a little on the small side though, about as big as the queen size air matteress I'm bringing, so I won't really have room for anyone else unless they don't mind getting a little cozy with me.

As for driving, I'm not sure if I'll be able to join a caravan that leaves before 2pm, I've got all my vacation timed planned out over the rest of the summer, so...

1) Jay & Nanami - whenever
2) Joe - between 2 & 5pm
3) Tom&Taya, should be whenever. I took the day off too.
4) Jurgen - 2pm
 
J

JustROLLIN

Guest
I have a screened-in canopie and little charcoal grill that I can bring. My tent is a little on the small side though, about as big as the queen size air matteress I'm bringing, so I won't really have room for anyone else unless they don't mind getting a little cozy with me.

As for driving, I'm not sure if I'll be able to join a caravan that leaves before 2pm, I've got all my vacation timed planned out over the rest of the summer, so...

1) Jay & Nanami - whenever
2) Joe - between 2 & 5pm
3) Tom&Taya, should be whenever. I took the day off too.
4) Jurgen - 2pm
Jurgen, you and I could always meet up and roll together if you are willing to play it by ear for departure time. I could grab a set of my walkies and off we go. Plus, you have been there before, which is nice. Let me know.
 

dmention7

Hater
Joe, do you know if you'll have a firmer estimate of when you can meet up, as the date gets closer? I really can't see us leaving earlier than noon anyways, so it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal to leave around 2-3pm if that's when you and Jurgen could make it.

I mean, we could always get some tasty BBQ at famous daves, or shop for last minute supplies if we have to wait for a few minutes.



So... walkie talkies. Are these things generally universally compatible, or do certain brands/models only work with each other? I'm thinking about picking up a cheap pair.
 
Last edited:
J

JustROLLIN

Guest
Ya know, I really cant give a good estimate. I need to hang around here until we are caught up on things. I will have a better idea on that day, but not until then. I am thinking about 2-3pm is likely.

I dont mind driving alone as its not really all that far. But, if someone is gonna be around, I would rather caravan.
 
W

WhiteSpy9

Guest
I'm in the process of securing a tent.....

Anyone have access to some wood?


Wood that your willing to sacrifice for a fire....
 

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Ya know, I heard that trees have that wood stuff in them. Maybe we can cut some open and find out.
 
W

WhiteSpy9

Guest
lol.... Can you really do that? Paul Bunyun style and just hack a tree down and burn it?

Ya know, I heard that trees have that wood stuff in them. Maybe we can cut some open and find out.
 
J

JustROLLIN

Guest
No, I am almost certain the camp ground will not let you cut down any trees for any reason. As Jay mentioned, they will likely sell wood.
 
S

spek1098

Guest
Yea Joe, I'd being willing to wait a little to go up in a caravan.

I can bring a small supply of wood along, but the wood up there at the camp ground and the near by gas station is over priced. Maybe we should pool some loot before hand and find a large hunk of wood to buy down here. I'll do some looking, I'd rather not pay out the nose up there. I don't think we could bring to much wood, every time I'm up there, we've always run out of wood, no matter how much we bring.
 
J

JustROLLIN

Guest
OK cool. I just dont wanna hold anyone up. I could be leaving the cities as late as 5pm if I dont get out early. I am thinking it will be more like 2-3pm, but I just cant be certain. I dont want others to have to wait for me unless they are more than willing.
 
H

Hot Ice

Guest
I will work on the wood situation. Last week with the storm that rolled through here, 12 trees fell down. I just need someone to help cut it and then load it in the trunk, I suppose. I will work on it. :)
 
Top