• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Camping--July 13-15

Which block of camping spots would you prefer?

  • 55-58 (near water, electrical hookup, outhouses)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 68-71 (near woods, restrooms/showers, more space between neighboring sites)

    Votes: 3 75.0%
  • don't care...

    Votes: 1 25.0%

  • Total voters
    4
H

Hot Ice

Guest
well I'm getting ready for the camping trip have almost all the equipment bought.. so are we cooking on campfires or what's up with that too.. let me know!
Well, we can certainly cook on the fire. I will be bringing a small propane grill and a propane cook stove for use as well. I am sure we will have endless options! :)

Good to hear that Josh, don't stay on meds that don't work!
 
M

micahlarson

Guest
swwwweeet I'm bringing a first aid kit.. I'm sure drunk and fire won't mix.. I'm so excited to cook on a fire again :)
 
M

Mazdaguy25mx3

Guest
i'm still coming

hey all i'm sorry i didn't get my name on here fast enough, i've been working to much.... but i'm still in if it isn't to late...

peace chris
 
J

JustROLLIN

Guest
Yeah man, from the sound of it, we have more than enough room. By the way, we need to start thinking about finalizing plans as we are only about 2.5 weeks away.
 
H

Hot Ice

Guest
Finalize plans...well, you city folks should meet up on Friday early afternoonish in Forest Lake to caravan up to D-town with Jay. The rest of us will just be there when we can. I will be getting there somewhat early on Friday as well. As far as supplies, I would say bring what you really need and then we can share from there. If we want, we can list what we are bringing. I know that I will have a cook stove, small grill, a chair or more, a tent, some bedding, some cooking forks for the fire, some plastic ware, plates, paper towels, cups, lanterns, bug spray, towels, coolers with food and alcohol, bottle and can coolers, sunscreen, grilling tools, playing cards, possibly some fishing stuff, table cloths, that is what I can think of for the moment. How would anyone like to go about planning this? Any ideas? I keep asking but haven't really gotten any responses. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo close!! Yippee!
 
H

Hot Ice

Guest
hey all i'm sorry i didn't get my name on here fast enough, i've been working to much.... but i'm still in if it isn't to late...

peace chris
I will add you to the list, how many are coming? We do have room and we might have too much room and might give up a site once we are there if we don't need it. That way it is a bit cheaper for us all! :) It is still way cheap anyway.
 
H

Hot Ice

Guest
1. Mazdamn02 (Josh) +1
2. Spek1098 (Jurgen) + 4 person Tent
3. dmention7 (Jay) +1
4. hot ice (Jess) +1 and a 4 person tent
5. aviateur (Jeff) + 4 person tent
6. JustRollin (Joe) + 10 make believe women
7. micahlarson (Micah) +1
8. CX-7_Racer (Tim) +1 and a 4 person tent
9. mndsm (Tom and Taya) staying with Jess
10. Mazdaguy25mx3 (Chris)
11. Whitespy9 (Andy) + 2?, hotel?

Is this list looking correct and current?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dmention7

Hater
I'm thinking maybe the way to go for the small stuff, is if everyone brings what they think they'll need. If we end up seriously lacking in any supplies, we can make a quick run to the supermarket or target or whatever. Might be the way to go for grub as well. That way there's less to carry up in coolers etc.

As for the bigger stuff... I can bring a little propane grille.
 
H

Hot Ice

Guest
And again a few days past and not much on here for comments or plans...oh well, at least I am assuming everyone on the list is coming!! Thanks Jay and Micah for being dedicated! LOL. ;)
 
M

micahlarson

Guest
we try :) are we meeting some where before so we all train it all the way there?
 
H

Hot Ice

Guest
Micah, Jay is starting a caravan around Forest Lake that Friday afternoon. Chat with him about it, I think he wants to do that stuff. :) You can meet up with me if you want to, but the best place would be Cloquet. lol.
 
J

JustROLLIN

Guest
Jess, what time are you heading up? I dont know what I am gonna do about work yet, but if I cant get a half day I am just gonna take the whole day off.
 
H

Hot Ice

Guest
I am done with class at 9 am that day. I have all three days off. I will be heading up by noon at the latest. I have a feeling you are starting to feel flu like, especially for a Friday, the 13th. ;)
 
J

JustROLLIN

Guest
LOL. Well I wont be calling in sick, but I may just take the whole day off. I am just thinking that if anyone wanted to head up a lil earlier we could start a fire and have a few beers. Anyone interested?
 
J

JustROLLIN

Guest
And BTW, regardless of what happens, we should have some walkie talkies rolling. Its nice when we are out and about up there and for the actual road trip to and from.
 

dmention7

Hater
I know for sure I'm planning on taking all day friday off. I'm all about heading out early!

Let's start a second list of who is planning on meeting up for a caravan from the cities, and how early you can meet up (e.g. in forest lake)

1) Jay - Any time
2) Joe - Anytime
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top