Say "Hi" to Angel!

Discussion in 'Site Archive' started by dmention7, Jul 7, 2007.

1. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Go Angel!

2. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

Sadly, if we have to get rid of one of them--b/c unlike you two, I don't think we would have the patience to let them out separately forever--it would have to be Codie. Even though he's a bit more energetic than Angel and fun to play with, I really want a pair. If he can't get along with Angel, I doubt he'll get along with any ferret. She's about as friendly as they come, imo.

3. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I'm sure he just needs time to mellow.

4. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

5. MazdaMINI

MazdaMINI Guest

As far as them getting along. I really think I would give it a couple weeks see how they do. It takes awhile for them to adjust is what I have read. Hopefully they will be just fine. Letting them out one at a time isnt that bad really either. At least doesnt bother me any.

6. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

I'm so "motherly" protective of Angel that even though I know that they tend to scruffle the first few times you let them out together, I get terrified and tear them apart as soon as I see Codie latching onto her. I think I might have to leave the room and let Jay handle it. I'm too squirmish. :( Codie makes it look so aggressive, but I'm pretty sure that he's just trying to play.

I have been reading some articles as well and I guess the fighting is pretty normal at first, they're trying to establish status with one another...but it's so hard to watch them and hear all of the squeaking! It's just a natural instinct for me to pull them apart. I'll get better. First time, first time.

7. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I let the boys and Susie go most of the time. Generally even when they are acting like they are in the process of killing each other, they're playing. The only time you need to separate them is when one ferret quits playing/fighting and runs away.

8. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

I guess Jay tried to let them out together again last night and Angel pooped on the carpet. :D

Either she already really had to go, or else she was really scared...or a little of both. But he apparently wasn't biting her as much this time, so that's an improvement already.

9. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Probably both.

10. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

First Codie was the problem (being too aggressive) and now it's Angel (being a scaredy)

11. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

She is the mellowest ferret I have ever seen. Kinda wish at least one of ours was like that. Not so much though. We got 3 rowdies.

12. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

Yeah, we got really lucky with our first ferret. Bandit seemed really sweet, tho. But I guess it could have been the fact that he was too busy sniffing new smells and not having other rowdy ferrets around.

13. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Bandit is a sweet ferret, but he is a rowdy. His current favorite game is to run up, attack your leg, and then haul ass and dive under the couch when you go after him.

14. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Codie was playing a game like that last night. Clamp onto the leg of my shorts for a second then hop around and take another go at it.

15. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

Too bad shelly and my room mate hate ferrets. I thought she was seriously going to have a heart attack when one crawled up on her at your place Tom, that was teh funny! They're so cute, I don't know how anyone could be freaked out over one!

16. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

yeah, the whole weasley thing can be a bit off-putting at first, but if you spend a few minutes around one, they're awesome little critters.

17. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Indeed. How can you not love a critter than you can twist into a pretzel, and then have it be fine!