Say "Hi" to Angel!

Discussion in 'Site Archive' started by dmention7, Jul 7, 2007.

1. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

I think that little ferret party hats would probably be Cute Overload material...

2. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Too Much Cute!

3. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

What??? No such thing as TOO. MUCH. CUTE.

:VP2:

4. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

Okay, I have to start getting ready and get some chores done before I go meet Codie. I wanna be there exactly at noon! I wonder if they'll let me bring Angel so that I can stick the two of them in a room together and see how they get along? Hmmm...

5. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

I don't see why they wouldn't let you

6. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Humane Societies are wierd like that... Burnsville wouldn't let us do that.

7. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

Probably afraid of spreading diseases...

8. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

hmmm, good point.

9. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

Woo hoo, Angel has a boyfriend now. Pics soon.

10. MazdaMINI

MazdaMINI Guest

So Angel is cheating on Bandit?? you guys got another ferret!! Awesome I am sure Angel will be very very happy now!!

11. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Very cool.

12. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

13. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

He's MUCH bigger than Angel, I'm almost scared he'll trample all over her. I put their cages close together so that they can sniff eachother out, tho and they seem "friendly"--he kept licking Angel's nose. Hehe.

14. MazdaMINI

MazdaMINI Guest

Aww so sweet. He looks really cute. You will probally be able to have them in one cage in a week or so as long as they get along well. Then they can cuddle! Hmm we could use a bigger cage for the boys if you guys are looking to get rid or any cages eventually!

15. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Well, they started out okay, but when they get together, they start sniffing each other, and after a minute, someone nips the other, and then it's on!

Maybe we'll have to let them get to know each other slowly or something...

16. MazdaMINI

MazdaMINI Guest

As long as their hair isnt standing up and their tail all puffy its not a huge deal. But a little bit at a time. The hard part is the new one needs to get use to the area and the smells first then her I would think.

17. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Codie doesn't seem to get upset, but Angel's tail got all puffed up a couple times. We think it might just be that Codie is a dominant male, and he's trying to assert himself over Angel. I guess we'll find out if Angel is as submissive around other ferrets as she is around people.

18. MazdaMINI

MazdaMINI Guest

yeah its his first day in your house with you guys and her it will just take a lil while. I am sure they will be fine.

19. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

The previous owner mentioned that Codie didn't do very well with their male ferret b/c he had a habit of thinking that their ferret was a play-toy...scruffing and dragging it around. They mentioned that he had been with other ferrets before and thought that he would do better with a female ferret or one that didn't mind being submissive. So far they're not doing well, tho. :(

20. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

I went out and bought a good-sized cage for Codie - they didn't have any small ones at the pet store, probably because ferrets need a little wiggle room. It's actually a little bigger than Angel's current cage (but he is a lot bigger, too).

Anyway, if Codie and Angel learn to get along and are able to share a cage together, we'd be happy to work something out with the extra one. At the moment, though, it looks like it might take a while for them to get used to each other. Codie tries to scruff Angel and she's not taking any crap from him!