• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

*FINALIZED* 5th Annual MNMazda Camping Trip

H

Hot Ice

Guest
Ok well what are some dimensions for that? Long and slender or short and fat? I think the garbage can would be way too big...wasting ice and space.
 

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
I thought we got a half barrel last year, but that must have been a quarter barrel based on the info from Wikipedia below.


1/2 Barrel Keg...............................1/4 Barrel Keg

23 1/4 inches.........Height.................14 3/4 inches

17.0 inches............Diameter.............17.0 inches

1984 ounces..........Contents..............992 ounces

160.5 pounds.........Full Weight........ 82.2 pounds

29.7 pounds...........Empty Weight.....17.3 pounds

130.8 pounds.........Beer Weight........64.9 pounds

My friend from BRF got back to me on where to pick up a keg. She says "I would try Sunset Tavern which is right on Hwy 54 on the edge of town towards Lost Falls (cool hangout, probably 1 of the top 3 "hangouts") or I would try Cozy Corner downtown on Main Street (PS - I am not sure I would even go in any other bars downtown) I believe Scott Fisher still owns this bar and would be cool to give a deal. Burnstads is the grocery store right on County Trunk A which is ok, but they can be pricey I think."

Sounds like Sunset Tavern would be the most on-the-way place that would still be reasonable.
 

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Yeah, it's possible that a person could drink 2 gallons of beer over a day and a half. 2 galllons = 256oz / 12oz (can of beer) = 21.3. Definitely possible, but it might be work for some people. As Jay mentioned before though, we could go with the quarter barrel and then supplement with our own cans/bottles if we empty it early.
 

dmention7

Hater
Anyone else super amped yet? Weather looks good... a chance of some spotty rain tomorrow, but then mostly sunny for the weekend! Might be on the cool side for tubing though. Wonder if we could do a pontoon rental nearby or something.
 
H

Hot Ice

Guest
Ok so no one is helping on size. I guess I will just bring the typical can, it will be too big though.

I am so amped! I can't wait for this little vacation. Weather should be perfect for camping in a tent too!
 

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
um...the sizes are in the chart I posted above, although we haven't really nailed down which one we're going to go with. I suppose we can come up with that when we go to pickup the beer. No worries. Can't wait for this!!!! It's going to be PERFECT weather too.
 
M

mazdamn02

Guest
I'm so ready to get this party going!! We picked up the burgers n sides today..
 

dmention7

Hater
Shit, I just realized our tent has a broken pole from last year that we never replaced. Looks like we'll be getting there a bit early to hit up the Gander Mountain next door! lol

Also, like I said, I can bring a plastic wash tub that should be about perfect for an 8 gallon keg. Jess, if you want me to bring that, just post something tomorrow or else I'll assume you've got it covered.

See you guys tomorrow!
 
H

Hot Ice

Guest
I got the old stand by in the car but bring whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all in a couple hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't wait!!
 

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Best. Weather. Ever. GREAT time!!! Tubing all afternoon on Saturday was awesome, and I'm no longer hungry for burgers!
 
M

mazdamn02

Guest
I'm still waiting for my whitest mnmazda member ever award! Epic suburn.
All joking aside it was an awesome trip, lots of fun! Thanks to Jess for planning and thanks to Pete for suggesting the site! Everyone bought some serious food preparin/cooking skillz, no one left hungry.

Also, Jay- you're so far away!
 

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
We'll definitely have to re-visit this campground at some point. With the cabins, even those that prefer the creature-comforts can be accomodated, so everyone can enjoy the beach, swimming and tubing and then retire for the evening with the level of comfort they prefer. We tossed around the idea of 2 trips next year and Southern Minnesota as a possible destination. We'll have to do some research over the Winter to see what we can find.
 

dmention7

Hater
Yeah, I was a big fan of this campground. The tubing really made it... nothing like drifting down a nice lazy river with a cooler full of brews and a bunch of friends! Couldn't have asked for better weather, and somehow the bugs were almost non-existent.

I'm already looking forward to the next time!
 
S

spek1098

Guest
How far away from the Dells is it? Maybe make it a 3 day trip and spend 1 day doing the go-carts there?
 

dmention7

Hater
Hmm, the Dells are only an hour past this place. Jurgen might be onto something.

Or, else stop at the campground for a day of tubing on the way to our hotel at the Dell.s
 
Top