The Un-Official MNMazda Scotch & Whiskey thread!

Discussion in 'On Point' started by Picklz, Jan 8, 2013.

1. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Clearly. Or i clicked on something that looked like the beer thread on the left bar and went for it.

2. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

I acquired a bottle of Tomatin 15 year old scotch today - it's :notbad: - I'm pretty much a rookie when it comes to scotch, but I've had a few glasses of it with just an ice cube or two and it goes down quite smooth, very little burn, some hints of fruits/citrious and maybe even a slight touch of orange. Doesn't seem super complex or long lasting but good none the less. Would buy again. If anyone is interested in trying it just let me know.

3. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

Yeah, if you have some next poker event or something I'd like to try. Jana and I have been whiskey fans for a long while as well, but as with beer it's pretty casual. I'll post up some of the JD we've had over the years in a little bit. Getting pics of the bottles. Right now we have a bottle of spiced moonshine, which is very very tasty, but a bit much for me without a mixer - coke is excellent with this one. We've got a bottle of brandy we've had for some time as well.

Otherwise, wine, well if a wine thread pops up, that's all Jana. lol

We started a new rule in our house this weekend. We have a lot of wine. A wine ridge full of it + more in a hutch waiting for the fridge to open up with space. We have beer. Much of my collection now will be tried at a later date, once it has time to age. And my two fridges out in the garage are plumb full of beer yet. And the hard shit, we have a space in the kitchen dedicate to that. We aren't buy anymore till space opens up for a new bottle in it's dedicated area. lol

I'm also a fan a specific glasses, and we've got a set of whiskey stones as well.

4. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

[​IMG]

Our current hard stuff, we have a vodka that resides in the freezer as well.

[​IMG]

This is our JD gold label collection. Stuff is insanely smooth. I hope to get down there again soon, maybe this year for a fun road trip.

[​IMG]

With the private stock bottle.

5. 007CobaltLS

007CobaltLS Member

6. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

nothing you end up pissing out is worth that much money.

7. 007CobaltLS

007CobaltLS Member

The same reason I don't really see a point in Fogo de Chao...or any food that is more than nourishment...cardboard taste? Oh well, it's cheap. Not that I wouldn't love to go to Fogo for the experience...but I have no real reason to go or anyone to go with that is as poor as I am...Picklz and the rest of you are rich compared to me...LMAO.

On a serious note though...Ardbeg, Compass Box, Sheep Dip, Pig's Nose...those are a few brands I would really like to try that I've heard good things about...especially the Ardbeg Uigeadail.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  8. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Dragging this one back up- recently decided to expand my horizons some. Bought myself a bottle of 2 Gingers whiskey. Advertized as an irish, drinks more like a bourbon. Inexpensive at 25$ or so a bottle, I got mine at the liquor store at MOA with two collins glasses for that price. Pour some of that, add ginger ale, couple of cubes of ice, and enjoy.

9. 007CobaltLS

007CobaltLS Member

I love my 2Gingers...that's my at home choice. Being sick for nearly 3 weeks now...I decided to take shots of whiskey to see what happens...I've taken 2-3 shots per day for the last 3 days and I'm finally feeling better...bet it's a placebo effect and coincidence, but I don't care, finally getting better.