• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

The MNMazda Ingress Players thread (Cool people only... everyone else stay out!)

Are you ready to get Ingressed?

• Total voters

dmention7

Hater
It's likely the game will be out of beta and in full release by then. Either way, looking forward to some new teammates!

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Despite the way this thread started out, both Matt and I are serious players. If you're looking to play, just say the word and I'll PM you the activation code. The only condition is that you WILL join Enlightened. If I find out you joined Resistance, I'll make it my personal mission to crush you :D
I almost think it would be worth joining resistance to make Jay drive all over the fuckin planet to catch me. But, I'm still not playing.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Also, for those that aren't familiar with it, might I suggest you explain WHAT Ingress is? Most of what I imagine people know is the homosexual innuendo I've perpetrated in the chatbox. I still won't play, but I won't stop you from encouraging others if it's something they're interested in.

dmention7

Hater
Awesome! Request an invite at the Enlightened Twin Cities G+ community, and let us know what your ingress code name is. You need someone who knows you IRL to vouch for you to get in, so Matt or I can take care of that.

M

mazdamn02

I can get a new Android phone on Verizon... Do I wait for the Galaxy S4 or HTC One? Get a Note II? Want to play...

mOjO

I have two invites I can dole out.

I'd try to explain out the details of Ingress, but after some searching it appears Wiki has a well laid out explanation already (go figure): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingress_(game)

As Jay mentioned, he and I are playing on the Enlightened faction side. While it would behoove us tremendously to only allow the keys we have to the game to go to those who are going to go with our faction, we can't MAKE people do anything. However, we are a strong community, and are currently the underdogs. You'll find much greater success, and maintained interest levels playing with people you know already know, than jumping into a faction who's dominance thwarts player growth.

Also, as I hope Jay can attest to, having a friend guide and assist you in leveling in the first month is really awesome. :)

dmention7

Hater
While it would behoove us tremendously to only allow the keys we have to the game to go to those who are going to go with our faction, we can't MAKE people do anything.
Eff that. If I give someone an invite and find they joined Resistance, I'm going to slash their tires and kick their puppy.

:D