The MNMazda Ingress Players thread (Cool people only... everyone else stay out!)

Discussion in 'On Point' started by dmention7, Mar 20, 2013.

?

Are you ready to get Ingressed?

1. Yes! I am a man/woman of splendiforous awesome

33.3%
  2. No. I dislike fun, and occasionally kick puppies.

66.7%
  1. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

I will be ready to join in July. That's when I will be going android.

2. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

It's likely the game will be out of beta and in full release by then. Either way, looking forward to some new teammates!

3. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I almost think it would be worth joining resistance to make Jay drive all over the fuckin planet to catch me. But, I'm still not playing.

4. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Also, for those that aren't familiar with it, might I suggest you explain WHAT Ingress is? Most of what I imagine people know is the homosexual innuendo I've perpetrated in the chatbox. I still won't play, but I won't stop you from encouraging others if it's something they're interested in.

5. WhiteSpy9

WhiteSpy9 Guest

Ok. I got my key today. Going to download now.

6. WhiteSpy9

WhiteSpy9 Guest

7. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Awesome! Request an invite at the Enlightened Twin Cities G+ community, and let us know what your ingress code name is. You need someone who knows you IRL to vouch for you to get in, so Matt or I can take care of that.

8. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

I can get a new Android phone on Verizon... Do I wait for the Galaxy S4 or HTC One? Get a Note II? Want to play...

9. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

ESSSS FOUR! Fuck an HTC phone.

10. mOjO

mOjO Member

I have two invites I can dole out.

I'd try to explain out the details of Ingress, but after some searching it appears Wiki has a well laid out explanation already (go figure): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingress_(game)

As Jay mentioned, he and I are playing on the Enlightened faction side. While it would behoove us tremendously to only allow the keys we have to the game to go to those who are going to go with our faction, we can't MAKE people do anything. However, we are a strong community, and are currently the underdogs. You'll find much greater success, and maintained interest levels playing with people you know already know, than jumping into a faction who's dominance thwarts player growth.

Also, as I hope Jay can attest to, having a friend guide and assist you in leveling in the first month is really awesome. :)

11. mOjO

mOjO Member

Very close in concept I think, based on some quick reading.

12. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Eff that. If I give someone an invite and find they joined Resistance, I'm going to slash their tires and kick their puppy.

:D

13. mOjO

mOjO Member

I still have two invites if anyone is looking!