• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

JT's C5 Z06

JohnnyT

Yeah, I understand not everyone's gonna love it. I was actually hesitant on it all at first, but it grew on me and now I think the overall look is much improved. I think it's a little more subtle in person too.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Yeah, I understand not everyone's gonna love it. I was actually hesitant on it all at first, but it grew on me and now I think the overall look is much improved. I think it's a little more subtle in person too.
Subtle is not a word I would ever use for a Z06.

I like it and think it sets the car off.

JohnnyT

Andy did an incredible job - paint work looks fantastic, and the lights/brake screens turned out great. I was more than impressed (especially for the price) and the fact that he cranked out the new side skirts for me after a long Friday's day of work so that I could be ready for C&C and B4B this weekend was just icing on the cake.

Thanks again!

JohnnyT

Welp, I had some time on my hands this weekend and installed the ported FAST 92/90. Everything was pretty straightforward, just needed a new air bridge to put the MAF back at the stock location so I could re-route the vacuum line for the PCV system on the passenger side head.

I still have to shave the FRCs to clear the new mani too.

Got a tune scheduled on Monday so things are coming along!

Oh, and I need to pick up my sway bars from PowderKeg too.

JohnnyT

Got the fuel rail covers trimmed - everything all buttoned up!

Dropping the car off to get re-tuned today!

JohnnyT

Took a few new pictures yesterday. I was early to a car show with my neighbor's TT Viper (it's NASTY) and took a few pics:

JohnnyT

Wow, it's been 10 months since I've updated this thread. Well, not a whole lot new until this weekend really. Ordered parts a month ago and finally had some time to get them installed.

I focused my attention this year on suspension, handling and brakes. My biggest goal was to eliminate some of the brake-wheel gap in the rear as the OEM brakes are way too tiny for a 19" open wheel design. Luckily, C6 Z51 sized rotors swap right in with new caliper relocation brackets so it's a great 'budget' bigger brake kit. I gained 1.2" diameter in the rear and 0.8" in the front.

Parts list:
- C6 Z51 sized DBA T3 4000 series front and rear slotted rotors
- Hawk Ceramic pads
- Relocation brackets
- Doug Rippie's SS brake lines
- Doug Rippie's re-valved Bilstein shocks
- GM T1 sway bars and poly bushings (BEEFCAKE!)

And, here's how everything turned out:

I haven't had much time to drive it yet, but got the pads seated yesterday and all seems great so far. Ride quality is definitely improved with the Bilstein's. Need to get new tires and an alignment then I'll really be able to test those bars...

JohnnyT

Got some new pics on my lunch break.

This one's just for reference on the rear. Here's an older pic I found that'll give everyone a good comparsion of the stock brake-wheel gap:

New set-up: