• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Itasca State Park Clubhouse Trip III - September 2014 (Fri-Sun 12-14)

mOjO

Jay just just wants to have sex in a treehouse so he can live out a childhood fantasy

Last edited:

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
Tree fort is cool, but I think we could do better aside from that. I'll try and come up w/ a number of options and start a new thread to see where people would like to go.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Could that help alter the date to more summer days to be able to swim and avoid the school season? Cause in like fuck'n Flynn if so.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
I remember years back (actually quite literally the weekend after 9/11) we rented a gigantic townhome up towards Lutsen. They have an alpine slide. EVERYONE got injured, because like the stupid dopes we were- we wanted to race. And race we did. Turns out, wiping out on a concrete/fiberglass slide.... quite painful. Much booze was consumed that evening, and we watched the benefit for 9-11 on the TV.

dmention7

Hater
Yeah, the Sea Villa townhomes are pretty nice, and the 2-story ones would actually sleep quite a few people (The one we rented had a king bed, 2 full beds, and 4 loft beds) but they don't have much room by way of a common area. Then again we were literally feet from the lakeshore, so it's great to build a fire and just hang out outside. And there's alpine sleds too. lol

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
I'll look for some summer options, the problem is June-August = Peak Season so available dates are harder to come buy, a lot of places want 3-6 nights vs just 1-2, and prices are higher. So Sept is still probably more likely but I'll see what I can find.

Tauni

I'm confused.
I'll look for some summer options, the problem is June-August = Peak Season so available dates are harder to come buy, a lot of places want 3-6 nights vs just 1-2, and prices are higher. So Sept is still probably more likely but I'll see what I can find.
Please don't do August.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
August FTW, water is still warm! ;) If it's in a range outside school time we could be in and help with any needed down payment of said place and potential boat if needed. If it's a full weekend deal, Jana and I are game for paying more for more fun shit.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
I don't give rip when it ends up being, I just know that once school hits we can't go. And if you're going to look at a cabin and maybe some water stuff you might want to look at warmer months.

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
Like I said I am going to investigate summer Months (June-Aug) but most all of them are significantly more expensive than in Early Sept - for exactly the reason you are stating AJ. I can't make a decision based on one persons availbility be it AJ, Tauni, etc. So it will come down to finding a place that has the best layout and amenities for a good price and what kind of availability it has.

dmention7

Hater
Yeah, I can see pros and cons to both summer and early fall. Honestly though I think for the kind of shindig we're looking into, early fall probably makes the most sense. If we're gonna do a trip in the summer, lets hit up a camp site near some water that has primitive cabins for rental. (The camp ground in WI with the awesome tubing has little cabins, for example)

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
I like the idea of a camping adventure w/ cabin availability for those without man pants. Maybe try and plan a trip in July-ish to that tubing place for a night or two, then a Sept. trip up north somewheres on a lake?

Tauni

I'm confused.
I like the idea of a camping adventure w/ cabin availability for those without man pants. Maybe try and plan a trip in July-ish to that tubing place for a night or two, then a Sept. trip up north somewheres on a lake?
Yes.

k.trazy

Damn. Judging by Tauni's picture posts on Facebook, it looks like it was an absolute blast! Wish we could've came along.