• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Come Test Drive the 2014 Mazda 6 GT!

DTruongMazda

Hello everyone,

The new 6 is now available for test drives. We have one Demo Car at the moment, but should have another model in the near future for test drives.

Stop on by and say hi! :drive1::mazdalove:

Danny

DTruongMazda

Some General Specs on the GT

2.5 Skyactiv-G

26/38/30 - City/Hwy/Combined
16.4gal fuel tank.
6speed Sport Auto Transmission
184hp
185ft/lbs

Compression Ratio 13:1
Direct Injection

Front Suspension: Independent, MacPherson Struts with coil spring and stabilizer bar
Rear Suspension: Independent, Multi-link type coil springs and stabilizer
Twin Tube Shock Absorbers
Rack and Pinion Steering with Electronic speed sensing power assist.
4 ventilated disc branks, 11.7inches in the front, and 10.9 in the rear.

Tires are P225/45/R19

Wheel base: 111.4
Tracks: Front- 62.8. Rear- 62.4
Length: 191.5

Coefficient of Drag (Cd) .26

Curb Weight: 3,232lbs for A/T, 3183 for M/T

1Kris06

MAD LIGHTS YO
I feel your pain. I'm waiting for the 6sp manual to come in Feb to drive. The paddle shifter isnt quite a car enthusiasts choice.
Any update on a manual demo?

I was bored yesterday and wanted to test drive one (not at Morries, my first mistake) and the sales guy told me they are still a month or more out in the TC area?

ohsixspeedsix

Owl Exterminator!!
Im guessing you were at walser burnsville kris? I saw you yesterday while I was on a test drive with a customer in a beetle tdi lol

W

WhiteSpy9

diesel? manual? updates from anyone who has driven one auto?

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
I've driven the 4-banger auto. The sales dude was a little gun shy about driving the manual. It was a really sweet car for what it was. I'd need a manual for sure, but it's a damn sight better than the 2g car, feels like a true successor to the first gen one.

k.trazy

Hayden, where do you work at? Burnsville VW? I know quite a lot of guys in service over there. Anyways, was thinking of going to Morrie's sometime Monday to test drive the Mazda6.

ohsixspeedsix

Owl Exterminator!!
Hayden, where do you work at? Burnsville VW? I know quite a lot of guys in service over there. Anyways, was thinking of going to Morrie's sometime Monday to test drive the Mazda6.
yup burnsville VW. Haven't really gotten to know any of the service guys yet.

When did you get that job and what do you do? I keep trying to get in to dealerships at the parts counter (not interested in anything else and no schooling for mechanics), but no experience in the auto world...guess knowledge of cars and parts doesn't matter to dealerships. :sad face:

What's the best way to get the experience? Go work at O'Reilly or some other parts store for a while?

ohsixspeedsix

Owl Exterminator!!
2 weeks in now. Doing sales. I have zero sales experience prior. And picklz and tom and I had discussed several times, its all about selling yourself. Its not enough to just say you know your shit. Its sometimes about HOW you convey your knowledge. They outright told me they hired me because they liked my "enthusiasm" and my "passion."

If you are serious about it don't give up on it. This job was my 7th sales interview out of about 30 that I applied for.

Sounds good. Good luck. I've done sales in the past (when I worked at Culligan)...that was a part of my job when I was in routes. Sales (new service, add-ons, etc.)...didn't much care for it...my personality doesn't go well with that line of work. There were a few guys that could sell anyone on anything and others that didn't care to try. I only did a little here and there more when needed (quota).

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Parts counter isn't sales work persay... but yeah, it really is about selling yourself. Show em you're passionate about what you want to do, demonstrate an ability to learn, and you generally have no problems. Confidence is a big winner here. The "only when needed" thing doesn't fly in the customer service world.... especially at dealerships.