• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

A second Tint Day hosted in Bag - July 9th

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
PRICING:

Coupes $135
Sedans $155
Sedan Hatches $170
2 Fronts $60
Sunroofs and Visors $40
Headlight $70+ a set (price depends on size)
Taillight $70+ a set (price depends on size)

http://tintprosmobile.com/pricing.html see their site for additional pricing and info on removing tint and such.

From MitsuStyle
Ihearrtdsm
David
Mitsubishi Mirage
4 Door Sedan 40% (requesting ceramic)

From 'no forum'
Kelli
10 Altima
Following up on Tint %

From MNMazda
DrWebster
2011 Mazda 2 - 40%:D

From MNMazda
StealthSpeed3
Charger XX%

From MNMazda
mndsm
Mini Cooper 20%

From MitsuStyle
Mike Dostal
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4
All windows except windshield
30%

From MitsuStyle
Jeff Hietala
1992 Galant VR4
All windows except front windshield.
30%

From MNMazda
Garrett
Mazda 3 (rear window removal and re-tint) and the % of the tint currently on there - will need to test before removal.

Last edited:

ohsixspeedsix

Owl Exterminator!!
Opinions? I know 50% is barely even worth it but I don't want to hassle with cops at all. Is 50% really not worth it? Is 40% gonna get me hassled?

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Those are all questions no one can answer. I have had 20 % on my Denali for three years with no issue I had 30% on my speed6 an got two tickets and a court summons unless i proved the tint was removed.

So percentages are totally up to you and what you feel comfortable with.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
I've had 20% on my car for 4 years, pulled over for it once, got out of that ticket with a script, got asked about it once when pulled over for speeding, told him it was 20% and showed him the script. I did get a speeding ticket, but I didn't get a tint ticket. YMMV. Keep in mind, state law is that if you get below 50% installed, you need a script for it, or TintPros can't do it. They get busted it;s a giant fine.

Z

Z-licious

I had 50% on the MS6 and when I got pulled over the cop wanted me to roll up my windows so he could measure my tint. It was middle of winter so windows were grimy and it measured 46% and he wanted to give me a warning while I wanted to give him the finger. So maybe that will answer your question on if it's "noticeable"

This time I got 35% on the Z and when a cop pulled me over, it measured at 24%! He must have been having a good day because he let me off with a written warning.

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
Many cars have a small amount of tint from the factory, that coupled with variances in actual % light transmission of the film, dirty windows, etc. means you can often see 3-12%+ darker than what you're purchasing when measured.

ohsixspeedsix

Owl Exterminator!!
eh, with the stock tint, it should look alright. I will do 30 percent if i could get a script. Otherwise the hassle with the popo's just isn't worth it to me.

D

DrWebster

I had 35% on my car for like 2 years with no script, no problems with cops -- cop didn't even mention the tint the one time I got pulled over. Got a script at my last eye exam just to be safe.

D

DrWebster

Count me in for tint. If they have an option for 40%, then that's what I want.

Question, though -- the car is a hatchback, but only has 5 windows (two per side and the rear window; there's no rear quarter windows). Since it's the same number of windows as a sedan, do I qualify for the sedan price ($155)?

killerspeed3

how did you guys get this script? Is it like a nod and a wink kind of perscription or do you actually need a medical reson for them to give you it, and can the police ticket you if you have one?