• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Opinions on Dunlops

S

spek1098

So I was checking the Tire Racks Consumer Survey for Extreme Performance Summer Tires and found that the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec had the highest rating along with getting top results in their Tire Test vs both the Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R and Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD07. I used these results back in 1999 to purchase preformace tires for a sports car (Firestone Firehawk SZ50 for a '92 Stealth R/T TT) and absolutely loved them. I am really leaning towands these Dunlops because of their rating and the fact there their $240 cheaper for the set.

What's do you guys think about those tires and the other options out there?

And while we're at it, opinions about them on the Enkei RPF1s?

S

Slim

I've had solid luck following TireRack's recommendations and surveys as well.

And those wheels are nice, just be sure to get center caps.

ZoomZoom Diva

I've also had good service in following their information. If you can get the long test results, it can also help you pick what's important to you, even if it didn't get the best composite scores.

A

aviateur

I've got the SS Z1's on right now. I can definately say they don't work well in the snow ;)

Otherwise they are great tyres not sure how long they'll last though.

Workdawg

NARWHAL
YoungRoids had RPF1's on his car. He had silver ones, not black but they looked ok. For some reason they looked really small even though he had 18" though.

S

spek1098

I've got the SS Z1's on right now. I can definately say they don't work well in the snow ;)

Otherwise they are great tyres not sure how long they'll last though.

Jeff, what size did you get?