• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

New Guy from Columbia Heights

benkranz

The posts I made yesterday and my user account were gone today so I guess I need to introduce myself again. I fell in love with Mazda when I drove my friends manual Protoge back in the day. I saved up for 3 years and paid cash last September for a decent used 2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback (manual) and finally joined the Mazda club :)

Ben

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Yea, sorry about that. There was a server switchover early yesterday morning and for whatever reason there were two copies of MNMazda. You got the wrong one.

That being said- I remember reading about your low power situation. The first thing I'd do is check compression in that car, if you've got a cylinder with low compression, it would cause the problem you speak of, without making any noise.

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Welcome to the site. I drive through Columbia Heights every day on my way home from work (up Central). What color is your ride?

benkranz

Thanks everyone, and Silver!

Mndsm, I will have to see if that has been checked yet. When I have time for another lengthy post I will attempt to rewrite my problem post. :)

Wildfyre116

Welcome! I've got a Mazda(speed) 3 hatch too, and dig the hatches very much. Awesome that you were able to pay in cash.