• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

MNmazda Cruise to Stillwater Aug 25th

S

Slim

Allright, I'll continue to take the lead on this so here's a new thread and we'll keep the first post up-to-date with the latest info.

What: MN Mazda Cruise

When: August 25th 2007 - meet at 6pm

Where: Meet at Target parking lot on University east of Snelling. We will then proceed to cruise to Stillwater, grab some dinner around 7pm at a TBD location (either Acapulco or Famous Dave's), and roll back down to University (probably be there around 9pm) to hang and represent mnmazda.com for as long as people want.

List of people attending for August 25th MNmazda cruise:

1. 1fastmsp
2. Silver6
3. mazdamn02
4. dmention7?
5. Blitzkid
6. aviateur
7. Micah?
8. pingwin77?
9. speed_addict
10.RoadRageMotors
11.ZoomZoomDiva
12.Team 4Door Guy

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Slim

Down to business in the new thread. Where do people want to eat? Any suggestions?

I know there's an Acapulco restaurant out there and I love the one in Blaine. Great Mexican food for decent prices and it should be pretty easy to get in. What do you all think?

dmention7

Hater
Acupulco in Stilly is kind of sketchy from what I've heard. The one in Maplewood, on the other hand is rock solid, and that's right off of 36, pretty much on the way into Stilly.

Have you taken into consideration that Hwy 36 is closed for a mile or so west of 120? So we couldn't cruise straight from Roseville into Stillwater on 36... have to head up to 694, or down to 94

btw... old thread closed, new thread stickied ;)

Last edited:
S

Slim

btw... old thread closed, new thread stickied
Thanks!

Acupulco in Stilly is kind of sketchy from what I've heard. The one in Maplewood, on the other hand is rock solid, and that's right off of 36, pretty much on the way into Stilly.
I'm open to any restaurant suggestions. It'll probably be more fun to eat somewhere in Stillwater so it's more like a destination.

Have you taken into consideration that Hwy 36 is closed for a mile or so west of 120? So we couldn't cruise straight from Roseville into Stillwater on 36... have to head up to 694, or down to 94
Thanks for the reminder. It'll be cool though, I used to deliver everywhere within a 100 mile radius of the cities so I know a couple 13-14 different ways to get there (and back). Plus, I'm an excellent leader.

BTW, I've got some radios as well with a 3 mile range.

dmention7

Hater
From Target in roseville, it seems like the easy choice is snelling up to 694 east, and that'll drop you off on 36, right where you want to be.

S

Slim

From Target in roseville, it seems like the easy choice is snelling up to 694 east, and that'll drop you off on 36, right where you want to be.
We're meeting at Target on UNIVERSITY AVENUE, east of Snelling Ave. in St. Paul. It's like 10 blocks or so east of Porky's.

So it's still close to an area everyone is already familiar with how to get to.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
One thing i'll suggest even when I won't be there.... avoid Foodsmart. Sadly with the summer wearing long and peoples patience wearing thin, Foodsmart has again become somewhat a breeding ground for ill-intentioned activity. They tend to get busted up pretty much right @ 10pm, so unless you plan it on being a very short meet, you might want to think of something else. IDK of any good spots off the top of my head, but i'll let you know when genius strikes.

S

Slim

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't too sure about it either, that's just what I've heard others mention.

The only place I've spent time is Wendy's parking lot by Porky's. Seems alright there. It's got lights anyways.

dmention7

Hater
We're meeting at Target on UNIVERSITY AVENUE, east of Snelling Ave. in St. Paul. It's like 10 blocks or so east of Porky's.

So it's still close to an area everyone is already familiar with how to get to.
Gotcha... I just read "east of snelling"

S

speed_addict

When did the date change to the 25th? I thought this was the 26th? Not sure now if I will be able to make it. I will let ya'll know.

M

micahlarson

ugh wtf.. I don't think I'm coming now because of the day.. no good

A

aviateur

I hope the turnout at this event doesn't end up to be like the turnout at the BBQ

dmention7

Hater
I, for one, am not bailing this time.

BTW, Famous Daves in Stillwater, FTW....just one stoplight away from acapulco, if we want options

P

pingwin77

I have to see what time I'm done with the ren fest and how many beers I have while I'm there.

S

Slim

I hope the turnout at this event doesn't end up to be like the turnout at the BBQ
That's why I'm trying to stay on top of things. Cuz I for one am in for sure.

$3 for 34oz Dos Equis FTW!
+34oz

It is a sweet deal.

If people are cool with it, we can make it either Acapulco or Famous Dave's and take a poll the day of.