• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Detailing with Nate Updated 18-Apr-07

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Damn man, you're making me want to spend the cashish on a DA and a drill so I can get that stuff going.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Pawn shop crap. Just go and spend the $200 bucks and get somthing that can be returned if it shits the bed on you.

And that is my opinion on that.

dmention7

Hater
Yeah, I have a buddy who was bragging about snagging a buffer for $5 at the local hardware store. No way I'd let something that cheap anywhere near my paint. Maybe for my lawn tractor, but not my car.

edwardt

Buffing after coats

Do you buff off each of the coats (rubbing compound, swirl remover, etc.) before applying the next, or just add the compound, remover, etc. on the applicatoreach time?

-Edward

Young Roids

Banned
What is the difference between paste and liquids? It seems that polishes and waxes both come in both forms. And paste looks to be alot cheaper.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
More often then not paste is for use by hand and takes a lot longer to apply and remove. But if you are looking at wax Paste is the better of the two. If you are looking paste polish that is for use by hand and will take a lot of elbow grease to apply.

Nate

Last edited:
Z

Z-licious

nate, you should start a show called detail eye for the car guy

Young Roids

Banned
Nate, one more question for you. So my 7424 and pads are in the mail right now and I am thinking about how I am gonna polish out my swirls when I started reading up on clay bars.

So how important is it to clay before polishing?

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
I used a clay bar on my 3 last Fall, right after I bought it, and you'd be amazed at how much crap came off the brand new surface. I also used the clay on my wife's 2004 Honda Pilot and after claying the whole vehicle and then throwing on a couple of coats of Zaino our vehicles they were so smooth that the neighbor guys were all coming over to check 'em out and were tracking down clay bars for their vehicles too! I HIGHLY recommend it be used at least once, if not twice or more, a year.