bullets n stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AJ, Jan 21, 2012.

1. YSOSLO

YSOSLO is the word, beotch

FTL dude!....you put 1,200 rounds through that thing too quickly and you'll probably melt the barrel...lol

2. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

I'd need all of it in case I'm ever attacked by a swarm of wabbits! ;) lol

3. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

[​IMG]

somebody got a new toy!

4. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

5. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

Congrats! Any plans for sights/optics?

6. YSOSLO

Very nice, AJ!!

7. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

I'm thinking for now I am just going to put irons on, some nice flip ups, and see how accurate I can group that way. I'm thinking I'll save up for a nice setup this summer/fall or just wait till winter.

8. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

Check out Troy Industries for your irons, I have the Magpul BUIS and am not that impressed with them.

9. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

I'll do that. I want ones I can flip up and lay flat as needed. Going for a clean look witout much "gusto" in 'non optics' form. I figure options will run another couple hundo easy once i find a nice set, or just steal Picklz! ;)

10. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

[​IMG]

Another pic. I have about 200 rounds of .223 currently, and have about 700 rounds on the way or waiting to be picked up. It's a mix of steel and brass case and should cover all my range time this year. Anything else I buy this year will go to next years fun. The mags from left to right - 3 PMAG Gen M2, 4 PMAG Gen M2 windows, 2 Brownells with Magpul second gen self leveling followers (also in the gun), and then 3 PMAG Gen M3. Kept 13 mags, which accommodate 390 rounds in total. Since these are meant to be disposeable I'll obviously only use a couple at a time, likely starting with the Brownells since I like way their are made. I would say I have about 3-4 years worth of Mags here (of solid wear and tear), and a years worth of range ammo.

It feels like now to enjoy the hobby and not have to sink any more cash into it, other than sights of course, maybe a sling.

11. YSOSLO

I look at this thing ^^^ and it just looks so weird to me without a carrying handle on top like our M16s always had.

12. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

I like the flat tops a lot, but they do look a little funny w/o any sights or optics on them.

13. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

14. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

I really really like my EOtech 512, but kind of wish I went with one like the 553 that uses CR123 batteries instead of AA. CR123 are resistant to frost and smaller. I already have several CR123 based flashlights so I keep them stocked...

The Magpul MBUS are fine as backup, but wouldn't want to count on them if I didn't have to.

15. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

I just can't spend that kind of cash on an optic right now, irons will work just fine for range duty.

16. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

[​IMG]

500 rounds of 5.56 brass. Not the price point I wanted, but fills my range need for 2013 and my .223 stuff will head to my dads place for him to use.

17. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

What'd it end up running you AJ? Your .223 will still work just fine, may as well hang on to it.

18. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

I paid about 50 cents a round after shipping. My dad needs some ammo and his gun is .223, not 5.56 so i'll give him that stuff and use the 5.56. Had another shipment today show of of some Federal brass, 120 rounds, that I forgot about. $12 for 20 there. That should be it. lol I think.

19. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

20. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!