• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

For the lazy people out there....

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Your not doing anything wrong^^^^^^

LTroyer must use a rotary and that cuts 100% faster then a DA does. But you run the risk of burning the paint. You also will take off a lot of clear coat and will break trough after 5-10 detail. With a Porter-Cable you can detail your car a 100 times before I would even think you would come close to breaking through the clear coat. A good detailer would never finish with 2 hours.

LTroyer

Your not doing anything wrong^^^^^^

LTroyer must use a rotary and that cuts 100% faster then a DA does. But you run the risk of burning the paint. You also will take off a lot of clear coat and will break trough after 5-10 detail. With a Porter-Cable you can detail your car a 100 times before I would even think you would come close to breaking through the clear coat. A good detailer would never finish with 2 hours.
Air tools my freind. and according to Costumer satisfaction it was a "pretty Damn good Detail"

Thank you though.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Well not many people here have a compressor that can maintain that kind of pressure. Also pneumatic tools are not as good as electric tools for there lack of a controlled speed settings. Air tools are rotary and random orbital also.

Also what products did you use there and what pads? I would love to see pics of some of your details.

O and Your Welcome ;)

LTroyer

We used multi-pore foam polishing, light cut, and finishing pads. And for med cut we had a wool pad.

We used electric buffers along with air buffers that had variable RPM controls.

No.20 car wax and carnuaba spray wax. Microfiber towels to remove wax.

I don’t remember the name of the degreaser or the cut compounds we used. (sorry it has been about a year since I have been there) Once I get back to the states ill let ya know.

You guys are probably going off of detailing a car in your driveway. Lets not forget i had all the tools needed in arms length, a time limit and many other cars to get to.

S

Slim

Yes, detailing your pride and joy at home is definitely different than detailing multiple cars at a shop.