• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Recommend a good body shop?

D

DrWebster

So I discovered the other day that I have a big, long scratch all the way down the passenger side of my car. It's actually several parallel scratches all right next to each other, so it's probably from the car wash. My fingernail catches on the scratch, so it's through the clearcoat, but it doesn't appear to go through the primer. I'd go after Mister Car Wash, but I'm pretty sure they'd give me a hard time about proving to them that it was the car wash that did it.

Either way, I need to get the scratches fixed. I'm done with the monkeys at Walser Auto Body. Can anyone recommend another good body shop?

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Crap, I have a certificate for a free Mister Car Wash wash that I'm now thinking twice about using. That sucks man. Sorry to hear about the wicked scratch. The only body shop I've used since moving to the Cities 6 years ago is Fridley Auto Body and I definitely do NOT recommend them. We had to get a bunch of body work done on my wife's Honda Pilot and the side they repainted is visibly different if you know to look for it (more sparkley) than the rest of the vehicle.

dmention7

Hater
Colin, I had work done on my 3 at Schoonover Bodyworks in Shoreview. They did a pretty good job, and they're reasonably close to you.

D

DrWebster

Crap, I have a certificate for a free Mister Car Wash wash that I'm now thinking twice about using.
They're not all that horrible -- I had been taking my car to the Roseville one once a week for the last year or so, and only this most recent time I had a problem. Granted, I'm now done with them -- I'll give my car sponge baths in the garage during the winter if I have to -- but the chances of having a problem with a single wash are pretty small.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Colin, another place to check out is Westside collision in Eden Prairie. Talk to Tim Cossette there, the guy is the freakin mad scientist. He resurrected my Talon when it would surely be totalled, did the restorations on several Corvettes for my family, and is an all around great dude.

Zelpdsm

I have been to Hamline auto body on 280 several times they always do great work. Had a terrible experience at Highland auto body on W7th. I also second the Schoonover reccommendation. They are pretty expensive though.

dmention7

Hater
I had just the opposite experience with Hamline. They were one of progressive's "recommended" shops, and the paintwork was "okay" at best, but they left a big nick in the paint on my passenger side a-pillar, and somehow gouged a chunk out of the backside of my steering wheel.

Jesse MS3GT

Querulous
Raymond auto body in St Paul! Replaced my trunk on my mazda six and repainted the rear bumper. Car was flawless. They detailed my car inside and out for free as well. I will never go anywhere else. Theres a reason why I saw a couple exotics being detailed there while I had my car there. They are superb.

http://www.raymondautobody.com

cosmicspd3

Raymond auto body in St Paul! Replaced my trunk on my mazda six and repainted the rear bumper. Car was flawless. They detailed my car inside and out for free as well. I will never go anywhere else. Theres a reason why I saw a couple exotics being detailed there while I had my car there. They are superb.

http://www.raymondautobody.com
Raymond auto body ftw. Had my vibe there, came out perfect, they even had fixed things not from the accident, but maybe they thought it was from it? idk. But Im taking my ms3 there to fix the deer dent this Friday. Highly recommend them, they are very nice, talk you through everything, show you what they fixed and dont make you feel stupid about anything.

deegee

photo guy
Not to beat a dead horse or anything but I only live blocks away from Raymond and there are always hot cars parked outside. Not to mention my gf had a $2k door bashing replaced there and they did a phenomenal job. Even when you know where to look you can't see anything. The free detail job is nice too. Awesome service and awesome work.