• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Lets talk about Pads...

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Her is how it works with the CCS pads.

Polish with the orange pad.

Finish with the white or black pad.

Wax with the Blue or red pad.

As Tim said you will need at least three pads. But what I did was buy two of each. That way if I didn't like what choice I made for polish I could very quickly switch to a different polish without having to clean the pad.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Here are all of my pads.

Those in the middle are white pad lol. they are a bitch to get clean but they work just as good.

W

WhiteSpy9

Nate you need to school me in some detail how to's. Let me know next time you are going to do a detail, I'd like to watch.
Can't seem to get that last small few swirls out....

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
James, Tom And i are going to do a big write-up this summer. I can let you know when and you can watch the steps if you want.

Young Roids

Banned
Let me know next time you are going to do a detail, I'd like to watch.
+1 I wouldn't mind watching either. By the time you guys get to doing this I will probly have my 7424 and pads. I would kind of like one of you experts to take a look at my hood swirls and maybe suggest a product. I saw Tom's results on the 442 and they looked like what I want to achieve so I was thinking of going with Meguiars #9 and #3 but want to make sure.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Meguiars is a great starter product it will give you good results and is very easy to use.
But I would be glad to show you guys how to do this in person. I will even let you take a crack at it. Then you can get the feel for how hard to push and how long to work the product in.

I will be starting a thread very soon with the day and time i will be doing the detail.

Young Roids

Banned
Bought my 7424 today and orange,white,black,blue pads+backing plate along with meguiars #3 and #9 and 3m rubbing compound. All that for slightly under $200 shipped.