• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Group Buy - Discount Disc Golf Discs *Closed/Completed*

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
So a few of us have started playing disc golf recently, and I think some others have been playing for a while. I came across a local store / website (Gotta Go Gotta Throw) that sells Discs and Disc golf accessories. They offer a discount on bulk purchases of discs (25 or more) so I thought I'd see if enough people want to buy some discs so that we could get the discount price.

This is for Innova discs, they are available in four different plastics DX, RPro, Champion, and Star. The group-buy pricing is $5/$7/$9/$11 per disc respectively and that's for any model/weight within a particular type of plastic. It is available on the discs on their website found here:
http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/innova-m-1.html

Here is a listing of different discs that Innova makes:
http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/index.html

Update: I believe Discraft discs qualify for this as well, so if you see anything they make that you want it's fair game as well, pricing structure is the same for their different plastics (Though they have different names).

So, if you'd be down for picking some discs up let me know how many, at this point it doesn't matter exactly which ones, as you can mix and mach just has to be 25 discs total. Once we get to 25 we can nail down the specific discs for each person.

If you are just starting out this would be about the cheapest way to get a disc or four.

We are right around our 25 disc mark so lets start getting a list of specific discs people want (model/pastic/weight)

Pickles
Orc DX 168g, Birdie DX 175g, Skeeter RPro 172g, Whippet DX 170g, Roadrunner ST 170g
Optional Items so I dont forget: Discraft Soft Banger-GT 174g, Discraft Flick ESP, Discraft Surge SS FLX 170g, Innova Competition Bag
JohnnyT
Groove CH 170g, Sidewinder DX 165g, Polecat DX 165g
AJ
Valkyrie ST 150g, Ken Climo TeeBird CH 160g, KC Pro Whippet DX 170g
Josh
Skeeter RPro 170g, Archangel DX 167g, TeeBird DX 168g, Beast CH 168g, Aero DX 170g, Leopard DX 170g
Tauniiiii
Valkyrie CH 173, Monster CH 172g
Surge SS Z Plastic 173g+ lime green, Pulse ESP 173g+ Orange
Andy
Aviar Classic DX 175g
Jay
Leopard DX 170g, Aviar Putter DX 170g, Coyote DX 175g, Skeeter DX 168g
Tom
Sidewinder DX 175g, Aviar Putter DX 170g, Skeeter DX 175g

Okay here is what I have so far, if you see something that looks off please let me know. Keep in mind we have to pay tax on this also so add in a buck or two (depending on the size of your order) I'm planning to go after work Wednesday to get the discs (as long as my work schedule co-operates) and may make it to porkys to distribute. PM me your phone # if you want a call/text if I am going to make it otherwise Ill PM everyone.

I didn't include what I'm getting as it keeps changing lol

Last edited:
W

WhiteSpy9

Nice work on finding that site.

Put me down for 2 fo sure......

dmention7

Hater
You can put me down for 3 or 4 discs... just need to do a little research and figure out which ones. Or if anyone has a specific suggestion for the best 3-4 discs to start out with, I'll just go with that.

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
Got ya down Jay,

For a driver to start with you could try a Cheetah or a Leopard, I have a Leopard but almost think the Cheetah looks a little better. I think all four of us this weekend had an Aviar for a Putter/Approach disc. Midrange im not so sure about, maybe a wolf or a coyote? Tauni might be able to offer some guidance there.

If you wanted a longer distance driver to learn with as a 4th disc mebbe something like a Valkyrie, or I have a Monarch that I'm kind of digging. From what I have read most of the long distance drivers require a stronger arm and aren't recommended so much for beginners. Def get a lighter weight one if you decide to try one.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Matt, are you going to try any of the Star discs? I'm tempted to pick up one or two of those in a light and heavy weight.

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
I haven't decided 100%, I may pickup a TeeBird-L (TL) which comes in star only, But I'll likely stick to another champion or two and one more DX for those shots I fear loosing a disc on hehe.

The material does make the grip feel a bit different and alter how the disc flys as it ages (champ/star hold up better) but I don't know that it's going to matter so much starting out.

Last edited:

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Well I'm down for two (Added myself). Then I'll get a bag and be done and set with a range of discs.

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
Awesome, depending on how many Tauni, Corey, and Jay decide to buy we are very close to our number already!

On a side note, this link has quite a bit of information on what the ratings mean and what the different kind of plastics have to offer, Maybe Tauni can comment on how accurate it is but sections IV and V seem decent:

http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources/articles/choosingadisc.shtml

Cliffs: Champion / Star plastics are more durable but DX actually is a little easier to get to fly well when you are just starting out.

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
Well, you are only talking $10-15 on discs that are the size of a mini pizza, but I do understand if you want to go and borrow some discs beforehand.

Tauni

I'm confused.
Jay check out my everything disc golf thread. Leopard was my fav of my starter discs. Birdie is a good putter.. that is what I'm looking to pick up.

Tauni

I'm confused.
James if you really wanted to try it out, come out on our disc golf outting in September. I have some discs you could try.

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Wow...talk about total selection overload on that site Matt!! Jess and I went camping with friends this past weekend in the Brainerd area and they had a nice little disc golf course. We'd definitely be up for 3 discs as part of this GB...maybe even 4, since a floating driver might be a good idea for me...lol

Ahhh. I do want in, but I don't know when I'll have some cash...I'll check back!
Need to do some studying as well...wow.

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
How many discs would you want Jen? I could probably just pick up 2-3 for you and you can pay me whenever you get the money.

At this point we are pretty much at 25+ discs provided everyone on the list currently buys their minimum or more. I'm going to call and find out if I can pick these up right at the store rather than ordering online.

At this point I'd like to get a list of specific discs (Model, plastic type, and weight) for each person so we can move towards finalizing this. More people are certainly welcome to get in on this as well till we make the purchase.