• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Forum Software Changed

derrian

Pika-Zoom!
Staff member
As you all might have noticed the Forum has change to use Xenforo now. Looks liek everything ported over correctly but please let me know if you see any issues.

Some more tweaks will be coming, but I figured it was about time to change. The old forum did not support the newest version of PHP that the server was upgraded too, and I saw no point in attempting to get it to work.

Xenforo is a nice, cleaner, more up to date platform that we can build upon.

What else is coming? A ton SEO work to get this a good user base again.

mOjO

To be honest, I think it's likely too late for a any changes to be impactful to the site. I was on here...I dunno...Monday or Tuesday and it didn't look like there were any relevant posts in the last few months other than, Mazda news spam from the bot, and a few scattered "where is everybody" posts.

Perhaps a new forum redesign is just a small part in a bigger plan to revitalize the site, in which case I wish you the best of luck. However, there's an uphill battle here to bring back many of the previous regulars.

derrian

Pika-Zoom!
Staff member
Your are correct :) There is a plan and letting the site kind of die off, was part of it. Getting people here is not something I'm too worried about at this point. A Forum are only part of the equation and finding organic traffic is actually something I'm good at considering my career.

I'm also not wasting money by letting the site sit with no traffic. Just the cost of the domain.
I was just damn happy to move away from vbulletin finally :D