• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Tire Questions

killerspeed3

So I need to get a new set of summer tires soon and I have been scowering the internet to find a good deal and tires plus is running a deal with a $500 purchase you get $100 off and their cheapest tires are primewell PZ900s $122 ea. so for a set of 4 installed is about $550 and the $450 with the deal which is a good price but I have never heard of primewells and I was wondering if anyone else has. Are they any good? Decent treadware and traction? Low road noise? I'm not looking for a set of street and track tires but something decent for everyday driving that will last at least three summers if not four.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Primewells are cheap for a reason. They're chinese junk.... suitable only for beaters and cars you intend on selling. If you're gonna go cheap- Do what dan said- the Ventus v12. You said summer tires- If you spend about another 150$ and go to DT- you can get yourself into Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs, or Hankook RS3's.... helluva lot better tire for not a lot of money.

M

micahlarson

theres only a few inches connecting you to the ground on each corner of your car.. do you really want cheap stuff under you?

S

spek1098

theres only a few inches connecting you to the ground on each corner of your car.. do you really want cheap stuff under you?
Agreed, now that my suspension setup is complete, I wish I would have spent a few bucks more on top notch rubber, these tires are really showing their limitations.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Tires are one of the few things that you really get what you pay for.

That is why I put Michelin LTX M/S 2s on my truck. Not cheap but they wear better and have way better traction on icy/wet roads then the stock wranglers had.

Last edited:
D

DrWebster

Tires are one of the few things that you really get what you pay for.

That is why I put Michelin LTX M/S 2s on my truck. Not cheap but they wear better and have way better traction on icy/wet roads then the stock wranglers had.
+1, I'm only ever buying Michelins from now on. Worth every penny.