• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Interior LEDs

StealthSpeed3

Charge THIS!!
Thought i would have some fun and change my interior lighting to red LEDs to be different and to go for somewhat more of a 'stealth' kind of feel. Is it practical? God no. If i wanted practicality i would have went white, or maybe even blue. The Map lights are 194s, the Dome light is DE3175, and the Cargo area light is 3022.

Cargo Area:

Dome Light:

Interior Shot with Dome & Map Lights on:

Map Lights:

Looking in from the front:

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
I'm all about LEDs, but I'm not feelin' the red dude....no can see shit with red. Although it's great for keeping your night vision if you're trying to read while a passenger in your vehicle. And military maps are made to be read by red light so, if you don't have nav, you might want to consider trying to track down some of those babies before your next road trip...lol

I'm rockin' the white LEDs myself and, now that I finally picked up a replacement cargo light assembly after breaking mine trying to open it up, I'm planning on putting a strip of white LEDs under my cargo cover since the OEM light is pretty weak.

StealthSpeed3

Charge THIS!!
eh, i keep a flashlight in my car if i really need to read directions. but most places i can get to because i have the route(s) memorized, that came in handy delivering, just look at the ticket and plan your route.

dmention7

Hater
If you want more light from the dome light, you can use a pair of 6-LED bayonet style bulbs instead of a single one. It's a simple trick, but it's tough to describe in words...

D

DrWebster

I also have white LEDs in my car, and while they're not quite as bright as the stock bulbs, they look a hell of a lot better. My favorite is the license plate LED; it shines a neat "pool" of light on the ground as it lights up the plate.

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Yeah, pretty much any color is going to be a LOT brighter than red. I think the only thing dimmer than red is the UV. Oznium.com is another great site for LEDs and LED strips if someone is looking to upgrade their lighting. I'm planning on putting a white LED lightstrip under the trunk cover and maybe even a couple under the hood over the Winter, just to increase visibility. The little OEM cargo light is so inadequate if you really want to see what you're dealing with in your trunk. This is SO much better:

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Yeah, I'm planning on putting a white LED strip under the cargo cover and another 1 or 2 under the hood with a refrigerator-style switch, so the light(s) come on when the hood is opened.

Workdawg

NARWHAL
Oh yeah, changing the dash lights is a huge pita. You have to tear the whole thing apart and desolder tiny LEDs from the circuit board, then replace them with your own.