** The site is moving to new ownership **

Discussion in 'Site Specific News and Info' started by AJ, Jun 13, 2010.

1. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

So some of you may have caught on, but the end result of the change of site ownership of MNMazda.com is a new owner who goes by the name of Picklz (aka, Mr. Matt)!

The site will have some downtime immediately to move the DB to a new host/account.

I'll let Matt chime in as well. woot woot!

2. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

Well as AJ said I have decided to take over ownership of the site. AJ is largely responsible for creating this site and helping to develop it into the great community it is today. I hope to take over where he left off and keep improving things for all of our members, existing and future.

I want to assure everyone that I'm not planning to come in and make a ton of major changes or anything right off the bat. I want to hear what everyone likes about the site, what they would change, etc and limit any changes to those that will benefit us as a site and community.

If you're reading this message the site has already been moved and is running on the new host.

The chatbox will be making a return shortly in some form, and I will be taking some time to get up to speed on various behind the scenes things such as becoming familiar with how the backend of the site is setup, meeting with our sponsors, etc.

If anyone has questions, concerns, or suggestions now or in the future, please feel free to PM me, email me, or give me a call and we can discuss them.

-Matt
    mklukas@gmail.com

PS: Word to Dan's Mother.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  3. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

hahaha, very niiiiiiice

5. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Chatbox yet?

No?

Okay....

:(

6. DrWebster

DrWebster Guest

So does this mean that events like Tint Day will no longer be held at BAG, but rather Picklz' place, aka the Far Away Garage?

7. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

o_O

8. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

We tested a vb module to lay IRC into a page on here, similar to the full version of the chatbox. There was an issue with it, which we are still working out. Once that happens, I think we'll have the chatbox back.

9. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

lol!

BAG is still going to be up for use anytime! I still gotz a Miata, and I'm not going anywhere. I'm game for BAG events anytime!

10. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

[​IMG]

11. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

So since we are talking about it - The Chatbox is back.

There are pro's and con's to all of the options we have available to us. We are going to test this out and see how it goes, it may need to come down and be switched out in favor of something else but I think it's pro's outweigh it's cons if with the way we have things setup the server can handle the load alright.

It will refresh itself every 10 seconds, or when you post a chat.

12. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Good enough for me. Do like chatnbox. I was beginning to lose my marbles w/o it.

13. blueamcat

blueamcat Jen

Yay Picklz!

14. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

i havent been on the site in a while, and i saw that mnmazda was for sale, and i was about to call aj to name a price for it, but you beat me to it, im glad it went to good people