The I Stole it from the Mini Club Contest.

Discussion in 'The Official Topics' started by mndsm, Feb 27, 2008.

1. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Note from me- Workdawg brought a very good point to me, and I'll share with the rest of you. You CAN do older clues after the next one is posted. So, if you start with week 3, you can still do week one and week two. Don't get skeered now, and enter!

ANNOUNCING A CONTEST! A REAL ONE! ONE WITH PRIZES!

Ok, i'll admit, this is NOT an original contest. I lifted it from the Mini forum, but I think with the amount of members we have, we should have some great shots.

This contest is a photo scavenger hunt. The idea is simple. I give you an item/location/clue of some sort, and your job is to take a picture of your Mazda vehicle next to it. I'll accept winter beaters, as long as you tell me beforehand that you'll be doing that.

The Details (This is to keep some fools from cheating.)

1. These MUST be original shots. No photoshop, no stock photos, no google-fu. You MUST drive your vehicle to said location/next to said item, and take the picture. All photos found to be fakes will be immediately disqualified and have some sort of creative punishment. I'm thinking an SN/date stamp similar to the rules in the for sale thread would be good. Steal some post-it's from work, and get a sharpie.

2. Scoring will be simple. The first post after the clue is added wins the full points allotment of 10 points. 2nd person to post get 9 points and so on. 10th place and below get one point. So the sooner the better, but consistency is also a plus.

3. NO PLACEHOLDERS. You cannot post to lock in your time and edit your post later to add a pic. We catch you editing, you get the whammy put on you.

4. One entry per clue plz. No hogging all the points.

5. I'm thinking that 6 clues. One clue a week for the next 6 weeks. Some will be easy, some will be hard. There *may* be a secret bonus clue, posted for about 24 hours. It'll be worth triple points, be somewhat difficult, and only be open for ONE DAY.

6. Prizes-The reason you want to do this.

1st place- A full detail (interior and exterior) provided 100% free of charge by your lovely mod staff. This package includes a full wash and wax, interior detailing, tasty grillings. Date of detail? As soon as it's warm and dry enough to justify it.

2nd place- a gift package including detailing products courtesy of Meguairs. We will even hose your car down for you, but you have to wash it yourself.

3rd place- a smaller, but still cool package of detailing products from Meguairs, and you get to use the hose at AJ's house. We aren't hosing it down for you though, that's on you.

There will be a *bonus* prize awarded by the mod staff for whoever we feel like. This will be awarded based on absolutely no rule whatsoever. You may win it with a good picture, you may win it because we drew names out of a hat. The only rule on this lovely item is that you have to participate.

Who is eligible?

YOU! Get your camera phone, DSLR, film+scanner. The only ones who aren't playing are the mod staff (TCSpeed6, Speed6Guy, mndsm, dmention7, and MrMatt) and MazdaMini isn't playing either, mostly because she lives with mndsm and would have an unfair advantage to the clues. All you need to enter is post a pic with the first clue. We (myself) will keep a running tally of the scores, and update the first post so you can see who is dominating who.

SCORES-

1st place- Workdawg 86pts
    2nd place- MN6 71pts
    3rd place- MazdaMINI 49pts
    4th place- mikey84 42pts
    5th place- StealthSpeed3 40pts
    6th place- Bartron8000 27pts
    7th place- dmention7 9pts
    8th place- AJ 8pts

SOOPER SEKRIT CLUE-

[​IMG]

Get a picture. Here. I'm thinking this is only going to be open for a day, if you're lucky, two times.

Scoring will be as follows for this clue
    1st place 30pts
    2nd place 20 pts
    3rd place 10 pts.

YOUR FIRST CLUE-

We all drive decent vehicles, and we take pride in the fact that our modifications make sense. We abhor people who see the need to tack useless junk to a perfectly good car (even worse if it's a crap car) just to claim it's faster. I want you to get a pic of your car, next to a ricer. We all know the type. APC wing, Bomz muffler, basically a car kitted at Pep Boys. Dredge me up some garbage.

YOUR SECOND CLUE-

We all recognize that the Speed series of Mazda vehicles are fast. But there is faster out there. Get me a pic of your car next to something it would FOR SURE lose a race against.

YOUR THIRD CLUE-

Mazda vehicles are known for cutting edge style and comfort. They are also known as a vehicle that young people can get for a reasonable amount of money. These young people lead active lifestyles often going to school and working full time, sometimes two jobs. Jobs where you say...... deliver something. Your task this week is to take a picture of your faithful machine next to a food delivery advert of some sort. Pizza Hut, local chinese, any place that you would expect to bring tasty food to you, or you to bring tasty food to someone.

YOUR FOURTH CLUE-

Mazda's philosophy has for a long time been zoom-zoom. However, like many people sometimes we experience accidents and other things that would prevent us from driving. I want you to get me a picture of your car next to one that has some sort of body damage, created by an accident.

YOUR FIFTH CLUE-

As auto enthusiasts, we struggle with many things from day to day. Pot holes, salt on the roads, other drivers careless littering, and so on down the line. Sometimes, it's almost impossible to keep it clean. Now we would all like to do a two bucket wash and wax every time a bird poops on our cars, but sometimes that isn't possible. We have automatic car washes of all formats, but most we wouldn't run our cars through, if we had to. Touchless is obviously the only way to go. Your task, this week, is to get a picture of your car, with a touchless car wash in view. HAS TO BE TOUCHLESS!

YOUR SIXTH CLUE-

Let's face it, I'm tired all the time. Previously I would just either sleep all day, or wander around like a zombie. Falling asleep at the wheel was a common thing, falling asleep on the couch even more common. Then I discovered a marvelous new invention, the energy drink. (Ok, I knew about Redbull, but prior to recently, all my experiences with it involved either Jaegermeister, or vodka of some sort) Your clue this week, is to get a photo of your car, with an advertisement for an energy drink of some kind. Redbull, Monster, Rockstar, doesn't matter. Just as long as it's guaranteed to have enough caffeine in it to fuel 12 5-year olds for a month. Get to it!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  2. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Bump for visual.

3. MazdaMINI

MazdaMINI Guest

Hmm I think I have seen this somewhere! Very nice write up I like it!!!

4. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

I will make this front page content this weekend.

5. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Thank you AJ.

6. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

A productive day for me. First I started off the Photo Tag thread, then I found this. Hopefully the pic is good enough. Hard to get a good shot where the guy was parked.
    Also, you might notice I got my car washed since the Photo Tag thread, yippee.

[​IMG]

7. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I initially saw the car, and wasn't going to give it to you, but the muffler sealed the deal. Workdawg is on the board!

8. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

YO! SECOND CLUE POSTED!

9. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Nice. That clue gives me and my 170hp an advantage!

10. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

Haha, mine is even slower! Go stock Mazda3.

11. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Yeah, but Dan is the only one that's even entered so far.

12. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

Stop bumping it, more people will see and try and compete with me!

13. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Shaddap. That's what I want. Kinda lame to take first if you're the only one even playing.

14. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

I went to Morrie's on Saturday and I wasn't planning on taking a picture of some fast car at a dealership cause I felt that using a dealer car would be cheating, so I didn't bring a camera. Well, lo and behold, a customer showed up and parked their Evo next to me, so I snapped a picture with my camera phone.

I present you, my car "next to something it would FOR SURE lose a race against."

[​IMG]

15. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

Sure is going to be fun watching Nate Detail your car in tight jean cut off shorts. :D

16. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

lol... the brand new Metro Gray car.

17. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Yeah, talk about a winning summer for you. New car, fresh detail, life is good!

18. MazdaMINI

MazdaMINI Guest

YAY for Dan!!! Way to play the game!!

19. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Guest

Man, if I wasnt void from the contest I would be all over this. With camera phones these days it would easy to snap both of these pics so far. People, get involved and dont let Dan walk away with it.

You get a free detail, wash, food, booze, the f-ing works. Plus, you get laugh at the admin/mod team while they wait on you.

20. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Exactly. There's like 300$ worth of swag for first place! The detail alone is worth 150$, then there's food and booze, not to mention the humor of us working on your ride while you sun yourself! Get with the damn program.