Tech Write-Up Contest!!

Discussion in 'Site Archive' started by JustROLLIN, Jun 7, 2007.

1. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Guest

Hey all, we are hoping to generate some nice technical write-ups for the website. In order to get people motivated for the write-ups, we will be giving away an AudioLink for iPod courtesy of http://www.TheRPMstore.com. TheRPMstore was nice enough to provide us with some t-shirts, decals, and an audio link to giveaway as we see fit. You can also check out their website for tons of other Mazda products pertaining to nearly all models.

Basically what we are looking for is a technical write up on anything from stereo installations, performance upgrades, or even general maintenance like installing new brakes. The write up should include detailed step-by-step instructions on how to complete the task and also some pictures along the way to help with tricky steps or illustrate something in particular.

The people at www.TheRPMstore.com said the AudioLink will fit any model of Mazda 3 or 6 on the road. Now, I know that does not include the entire bunch of us, but if you have something outside of that category, we will certainly find a prize that fits into a similar category. The contest will run for one month's time, ending on July 8th. At that time, the moderation staff will vote on the best write up and award the AudioLink to that member. If anyone has any further questions, dont hesitate to ask.

Direct Link to the AudioLink: http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=142

audiolink-ipod.jpg

2. micahlarson

micahlarson Guest

sounds cool

3. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Are us moderator folk allowed to enter? I don't really want the prize (although I like free tshirts)

4. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Guest

Absolutely! Worst case, those who do submit a tech article may not be eligible for a voting.

5. micahlarson

micahlarson Guest

ok just posted a tech write up on the shifter bushings and tonight I'll be posting a tech write up on how to dynamat the rear deck lid and also how to get the front radio bezel off of the msp to replace the factory radio

6. niterydr

niterydr Legendary Status!

I can give a complete break down on direct injection, mas sensors, tuning theory, exhaust flow, intercooler importance, and overall vehicle dynamics.

However, I don't have a mazda 3 or 6, so I am not going as of yet ;).
    We'll see if I get some free time.

7. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

Step 1 - Google
    Step 2 - Control C
    Step 3 - Control V

Step 5 - get banned

8. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

^^^ eh? So we're only allowed to post original writeups on this site?

9. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

You forgot step 4- Profit!

10. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Guest

No. But AJ is referring to the contest for the AudioLink. We dont want to hand it out to someone for a cut and paste job. At least thats my understanding.

11. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

gotcha--that makes total sense.

12. micahlarson

micahlarson Guest

so I finished 1 write up that isn't mine but I did do that actual install.. and I finished 2 more but on 1 I have to fix all the attachment links

13. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

14. Slim

Slim Guest

15. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Guest

The contest officially ended yesterday. We will be choosing a winner in the next couple days. Thanks to all who participated!

16. micahlarson

micahlarson Guest

17. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

Who ever wins the audio link will enjoy, I have one and its flawless!

18. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Guest

Yeah, its look like a really nice product. Wish I had written a tech write up. LOL.

19. Slim

Slim Guest

Is there a winner yet?

20. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I think we are close. I thought all the votes were in, but I could be wrong.