• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

splash shield

dirtyd

So I decided to go out fishing on Tonka last night and while out there, my splash shield got ripped off by an unseen old ice-hole that somebody never kicked down. Last night, I drove the car around and it drove like it always had. This morning, I go out to drive, and at about 45mph the whole car starts to feels funny. Its a toss up between a fast wobble, and a slow vibration. I did notice there was a lot of ice under the car, so I have heaters melting it right now. Just wondering if its the snow/ice build up, or the splash shield, or both, that would be causing this wobbly vibration. Any thoughts? I did look under the car and nothing is loose, nor broken. Just don't have my splash shield anymore.

Such a shitty way to start a weekend....

dmention7

Hater
Haha, yeah, in my experience during the winter your first diagnosis of a wobbly wheel is snow packed in there. Go through a touchless wash, and you're usually good.

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Heh, I lost the same part off my car last week with no change in handling or performance. We can get into a bidding war for a replacement the next time somebody totals their 3 on here. Seems like it happens once or twice a year.