• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Speed 3 or RX-8 R3

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Can't look at mods to a civic and a vette the same, totally different classes of money and appreciation to the cars in my opinion. A well running modded vette, simply get it on the dyno or have a shop check it out...

I will say the Miata is an awesome car to have, and fun factor is very tuff to beat, but a Vette is a vette and a miata is a miata. Driving both likely awesome. Getting out of a Miata you try to do at night when no one is looking. getting out of a Vette, you try and do near an outdoor pool in the summer when the varisty girls swim team is able to pay attention.

See, I disagree with you there AJ. They are two different cars by all means. But to me, getting out of a Miata like yours, I would be just as proud of it as a Vette...will it get the attention the Vette gets? No. Would I be bringing girls home in the Miata...probably not....the Vette...probably could.

But then again, any sports car I would be proud of. My Cobalt...not so much.

I think I'm going to have to do some reading because now I'm curious about the Miata and what it's capable of in terms of power...no swap, just NA or FI.

And I didn't realize so much changed in 09 with the RX8...especially the R3 model. I may very well have to consider one of those in about 3 years. By then they should be decently priced and still have semi-lower mileage.

This is why I like Porsche's so much. I would really love to get into a 944 (944 Turbo even better) or a 968 (but I prefer they front end styling of the 944). Ultimately I would love to get into a 996 or 997 some day. But I'll take baby steps first.

Maybe if I start working on it, I can get something then trade up a few times until I'm into something I really enjoy.

ohsixspeedsix

Owl Exterminator!!
Just wait till the dyno day, mike. Ill be running my na without the turbo so I can get a baseline and see how much the headwork, injectors, and ecu changed it. Then I can see how much the FI will change that.