Shoutbox Poll - Read Me and Vote!!!

Discussion in 'Site Archive' started by JustROLLIN, Jul 19, 2007.

?

Do You Want the Shoutbox to Return??

Poll closed Aug 8, 2007.
  1. Yes!!!

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No Way!!!

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Guest

Well, here we go again. After an overwhelming response on the camping trip, we have decided that the notorious shoutbox might make a triumphant return. But, we want a clear idea of who wants it back, and who does not. So, here is your chance to vote and speak your mind about the shoutbox. If you dont want it back, vote and tell us why. If you do, please do the same....

I only put two options for the voting as I want people to make a yes or no answer. No wishy-washy respoinses....

2. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

I gather this voting is for returning the shoutbox exactly as it was, since AJ didn't seem to think it could be easily relocated (i.e. to the Local Dive)

3. WhiteSpy9

WhiteSpy9 Guest

Bring it back!!
    I love shenanigans!

4. Hot Ice

Hot Ice Guest

My vote is to bring it back. I like the capability of chatting with my fellow forum members on a quick response system when needed. Thank you for taking my opinion into consideration. Oh yeah, I am the SHOUTBOX QUEEN as well, but that doesn't matter. ;)

5. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

I don't know if I'd label you as a shoutbox queen... LOL

If the shoutbox comes back and the only way to bring it back is on the main page then I'd probably say bad idea if the majority of content is similar to what it was before I don't know if I'd support it. Reason being if I held any "rank" here and tried to get Walser or such to sponsor us it would be interesting to see what they thought of the debauchery...

If we could place it in the local dive then I'd vote yes.

Mean while I have no vote....

6. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

The shoutbox was built for a specific area of vB forums. It's framework allows for a couple choices of placement. Top of main forums & bottom of main forums.

Either way, I think the "no" vote is going to lose this time around.

7. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Guest

I voted yes. As for sponsors, hopefully they dont mind the nonsense.... I have not heard anything from the local dealers anyway. But, I may make another attempt once we have more members.

8. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I voted for its return. I just liked being able to pop on and throw something out there and get a response immediately. It kinda sucks that we can't hide it elsewhere. Is there any way we can turn permissions on it off for certain folks (i.e. sponsors?)

9. Slim

Slim Guest

I know this is a stretch, but people could exercise some judgment on what they put in the shout box. A little language happens, but people can keep the area clean if they want to. After all, this is a car forum and there are tons of other places online for debauchery.

My $.02

10. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Guest

Bauahahahha..... and the terrorists COULD sit down with other countires and reach a peaceful outcome.

11. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

What if we had it set up so you had to at least be logged in to see anything?

12. MazdaMINI

MazdaMINI Guest

I vote for the return of the shoutbox. I just like most people like instant gratification. When I ask a question I like an answer right away. Or just bsing. Thats whats makes you guys and gals who you are. Thats the relationship you have and it works. I say why stop the fun. Isnt the point of a car club to hang out with people with the same kind of car and still have fun. Bottom line if your not having fun what is the point???? Anyhow I dont even have a Mazda so yeah I dont know that my vote counts. But for those that were on the camping trip to me I really enjoyed the banter on the walkies because it was fun and it reminded me of the shoutbox with voices. I understand why it was taken away but I still believe that it will help and not hurt. The more traffic you have the better. And as far as building the site if people log in and immedietly have someone to connect to the more likely they are to return. At least thats how I am. I liked the idea that josh had about having to log into see it. But thats probally not likely. anyhow I will stop babbling on now. Mazda Mom rolling out.

13. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Hehe, I see you've embraced your role as "mazda mom" Taya! :)

14. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

Someone here at work needs Mazda Mom's vitamin water....

15. MazdaMINI

MazdaMINI Guest

its the purple bottle called revive.

16. MazdaMINI

MazdaMINI Guest

I am surprised not that many people have voted. I thought you would get more votes.

17. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Well, there's only about that many "regulars" all together.

18. RoadRageMotors

RoadRageMotors New Member

i say yay..... i didnt come here as often after it was removed

19. Jesse MS3GT

Jesse MS3GT Querulous

I say bring it back!!!

20. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Guest

What was once a close horse race, has now turned into a landslide. AJ, if you are content with the results, I guess lets give the masses what they want...