• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Revitalize Your Headlights

S

Slim

Just thought I'd share my results after using Meguiars Plastx polish for clear plastic. My wife's 1998 Corolla headlight assembly has the expected hazing, scratches, chips, and etching of 10 years of Midwest driving.

I drove with her the other day and now that it gets dark so early I was disappointed with her headlights. Thus, I picked up some of the Plastx for about $4-5 and decided to remove that hazing and improve the Corolla's light output.

I used a crappy pad and my Porter Cable, but you could also apply it with a Mother's Powerball or by hand. After working it in for a bit, just wipe away with a towel. Very easy and cheap way to restore you clear plastic headlight assembly to almost new quality.

I say almost new because it can only remove so much and will not get rid of chips and deeper etching. But overall I was satisfied with the results. See before and after pics below:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Last edited by a moderator:

dmention7

Hater
Your pictures, they fail!

EDIT: Awesome results! I think the gf's focus could use a hit of that.

Last edited:
S

Slim

Sorry, you must have caught me just as I was editing them. They're back.