• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Remote Starter Gen 2 Speed3

FordoBiggins

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone with a gen 2 speed3 has had a remote start installed at best buy or any local shops.

Thanks

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
I wouldn't trust the hacks at BB to install a poop on your drivers seat. I'd go to a local shop.... i've heard good things about Mach 1. IDK what they'll have to do to install it, and depending on laws they may not, as most manual cars need a safety sensor between the clutch and the started disconnected to allow a remote start to work.

M

micahlarson

They'll probably use a compustar remote starter for the bypass system it has.. basically you have a sequence of steps yo uhave to do that aren' really complicated to make sure the auto start knows the parking brake is on and the car is left out of gear.

I used to work at the mach1 in little canada and I can say that they do good work.

M

micahlarson

BTW if you go to mach1 ask for Ryan Froysland. He's also my personal ASE Master mechanic and will try to also fix stuff for you on the side.. great guy charges next to nothing and usually get's parts at cost