• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Rear Fogs?

k.trazy

I'm fairly interested in doing this.. Anybody have a clue? I've Google'd and even took the Bing challenge and Bing'd "Mazda3 Rear Fog" and didn't really get any answers.

k.trazy

When activating the front fogs, the rear fog lights will come on too to make you easier to see in the fog from behind. The last three cars I've owned I've got rear ended in, so a rear fog light is essential for me.. lol

dmention7

Hater
Not custom... you just need euro tail lights. Rear fogs are standard on european market cars.

Otherwise, any bright rear-facing light will do. I have seen people mount them inside the rear glass, under the bumper, inside a rear reflector... and so on. Once you get the light you want, just wire in a toggle switch and go (or splice it into the front fog lamp circuit)

An easy way to keep an OEM look might be to replace one of the reverse light bulbs with a high power red LED optimized for a narrow focused beam, and then just wire it up as desired.

lindahlish

I've also heard of people taking head light bulbs and making them work in the stock reverse bulb spots for this same effect, just a thought.

k.trazy

I've also heard of people taking head light bulbs and making them work in the stock reverse bulb spots for this same effect, just a thought.
Interesting.. would have to change some wiring and socket to make that work. Wonder if I put a switch on the dash, wire that up to the driver's side rear and have a bright ass red bulb in it.. Sounds like a summer project!