• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Rally lights, because racecar

MaxVandervelde

Not to be a complete dick, but I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that you:
[] Used drill bits that you "think" were for metal
[] Used a cordless drill
[] Went way too fast
[] Didn't cool it down with anything
[] Didn't drill a pilot hole
[] Went with the largest drill bit all at once

.. How'd I do?
Alternatively, you can use this as a checklist for what not to do next time.

Cmezz331

Not to be a complete dick, but I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that you:
[] Used drill bits that you "think" were for metal
[] Used a cordless drill
[] Went way too fast
[] Didn't cool it down with anything
[] Didn't drill a pilot hole
[] Went with the largest drill bit all at once

.. How'd I do?
Alternatively, you can use this as a checklist for what not to do next time.
wrong on every count, in fact you couldnt be more wrong.but thanks for your insight.
we asked you to just bring the welder and grinder, but assumed you were busy pouting since we werent working on your car

Last edited:

Cmezz331

the first 2 holes went through fine, but then we moved over 2 inches ( no moremetal than the last hole) and it was fucking impossibru

MaxVandervelde

wrong on every count, in fact you couldnt be more wrong.but thanks for your insight.
we asked you to just bring the welder and grinder, but assumed you were busy pouting since we werent working on your car
That or I had school like I told you we did.
And I know you're lying about that.

Cool it bro.

Heinzvak

Thanks for the help EVApdman.

Its 12 rotating lights, each rotating light made up of 4 SMDs. So 48 SMDs in all lol
Ill probably have to make 4 or 5 circuits.

I actually didnt think of wiring 4 SMDs in series I was thinking of wiring them in parallel, but was worried about the amperage.
But if wired in series, the amperage stays the same, right? Still new at this