Rally Armor knockoff mudflap interest?

Discussion in 'Appearance and Body Modification' started by mndsm, Oct 13, 2009.

1. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

So, Rally Armor mudflaps are rad. They're damn expensive though. I'm going to make a set HD stylee for my whip, and I'll have the process down, so I figured I'd see if anyone else wants a set. Post here if'n you're interested.

2. DrWebster

DrWebster Guest

I'm interested in a set for the front.

What would you make them out of? I've seen the garbage can mudflap hack, but Rally Armor ones are like urethane or something.

3. 1Kris06

1Kris06 MAD LIGHTS YO

yep. 05 6

front and rear most likely.

4. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Prolly GC hack, but I will look into other materials. IF I can find a good sheet of urethane on the cheap, I'll cut em from that.

5. StealthSpeed3

StealthSpeed3 Charge THIS!!

i'd up for a set for the rear.

6. YSOSLO

YSOSLO is the word, beotch

GL finding a sheet of urethane for a decent price...lol I looked for a few nights online and couldn't find squat before making my own set out of a $6 rubbermaid garbage can. Fronts are pretty easy, and apparently rears require popping/replacing rivets.

7. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

Rears? You ever driven a car in the winter before? The front is where all the shit piles up.

8. Z-licious

Z-licious Guest

IDK what you're talking about. Shit piled up in front and back.

9. StealthSpeed3

StealthSpeed3 Charge THIS!!

and since my car does NOT get driven in the winter, they would be mostly for appearance and to reduce roostertails while driving in rain.

10. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Well the difference is here, I plan on making them in bulk, so far it looks like I need to make at least 5 sets. That oughtta cut down on materials cost. Plus McMaster Carr has EVERYTHING. Might see what AxMan has too. I'll be looking at the rear on monday... I have an idea that would basically require the swapping of a few screws to make it happen, I can replace it with stainless screws/shims if I do it right. More to follow, since this actually has interest.

11. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 New Member

12. ZoomZoom Diva

ZoomZoom Diva New Member

I would need to see what these look like on a car before I would express interest... the pics I can see on Rally Armor don't really tell much.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  13. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

The idea wasn't cribbed from there, actually, it was cribbed from Pete, and the fact that I figured I could make myself a set for a whole crapload less than what Rally Armor wants.

The Ikea cutting board this IS a good idea though.... too bad I don't think I can get them in black.

14. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

They make spraypaint in black...

15. DrWebster

DrWebster Guest

Are those cutting boards flexible though? You don't want to be going over a speed bump or hit something and have it fark up your wheel well.

16. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

Mudflaps? really? Ya'll may as well have Tom Airbrush some Yosemite Sam's on em too lol

17. VTEC8YA

VTEC8YA The Story Teller....

I WANT NEON GREEN!!!

18. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

I did think for a second that this was the F-150 forum. But back on track mud flaps are good but not fuggly ones like on that subie.

19. Slim

Slim Guest

Those Subaru ones are jacked up!!!

And +1 to MrMatt, although I'd like girly silhouettes...

20. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Hah hah hah all of you. I like the ones on the Subie, that's my general idea. I can probably make something else if you prefer, the only hard part is going to be the initial fitment to the wheel well. Haven't quite worked that one out in my head.