• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

$OLD: Lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd_69

Hey all,

In the spirit of everyone and their garage sale threads, I thought I'd get one up too....well, more so I just scored some car_LEDs from a local and don't need my smoked tail lights anymore. Also have a few more things to get rid of as well, one of which seems to be highly sought after. So here goes.

First one up, my custom set of smoked/redded tails. I got this idea after I made my custom reverse reflectors, which led me to realize I didn't need the factory reverse anymore. So I gave them to my painter friend, he put three layers of stuff on them. First was a layer of red tinted clear, to make the whole lens a uniform red color, followed by a smoked clear (you know, to make them look all bad ass and such), then finished it with a straight clear for the nice shininess and protection. I had these on my car for just under a year this way, always liked the way they looked. So it comes to now, obviously I couldn't sell them with the whole thing red/smoked because that would kind of negate the reverse, so I gave them back to him, he taped around the reverse "circle" sanded all the color off, recleared and viola this is what it came out like.

If I would have known they would have looked so bad ass like this, I think I would have done it this way from the start. Here's some close ups, I took them in the light so you can really see the red underneath. Overall, I'd say the are 9/10. There is one blemish on the driver side outer light, I'm sure a little buff would take it out, I just didn't see it until now. There also a little dirt in the inner ones, not a ton but I want to be honest.

Close up of the blemish.

I'd like to get $130 for these. I think I have bulbs and holders, but I'll have to track them down at work.

Next up, we have my custom LED lights for the tails. I made these getting some red CREE star leds, and affixing them to the bases of the stock bulbs. It was a little more involved than that, and if interested I could explain. Now, because they are leds, they need resistors inline with their respective power sources. I have 6-16 ohm resistors which should yield about 700 mA output, and 2-25 ohm which should get about 350 mA. Then I was using a 100 ohm for the parking light, which is about 100mA. All of these were just kind of guessed what would look right, as well as comparison's with the stock bulbs to match those. 4 are made to work as brake/parking, 2 for the turns. I spent about $30 on just the stars and another $10 on the resistors, I'll sell everything for $30 as I have absolutely no use for them anymore.

Next is a set of 3000k DDM HID's that I just got a couple weeks ago. I had plans to put these in the integrated fogs. I gave them a little test run in the garage and just didn't like the way they looked. There is nothing wrong with them, one is still brand new never even taken out of the box except to take the pics and they other has about 10 minutes of use on it while I was deciding if I like it or not. I got them while they were on sale from DDM for $30 (of course the shipping was $15) so I'll sell them for $35 straight.

And lastly, I have these, factory integrated fogs that I bought off djquik like 6 months ago. One is completely brand new, never taken out except for pics and the other was put in, again for about 10 minutes while I decided if I liked them or not. Comes with the factory style switch and both lights. No scratches, 10/10. I paid $32 shipped, so I'll take $30 from a local.

Thanks for looking, any questions ask.
Nate

dd_69

The led bulbs I made? They are the stock bases, just modified. And I forgot to put in that the HIDs are H3 which should also work for H1.

dd_69

Oh sorry, Uhhh, they are for the rears. I think the brake/parking are 7443. I looked at the turn one and it didn't say anything that looked like a bulb number to me.

1Kris06

MAD LIGHTS YO
Right but are they 194, 1157, etc? Or which specific bulb locations they are? (I don't have a 6)
2004 Mazda 6 Car Light Bulb Size Chart

Low Beam Headlight Bulb Size: H1
High Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: H1 or H1 HID Upgrade Kit
Parking Light Bulb Size: 2357A or 2825
Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 2357A
Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 992 (7440A)
Tail Light Bulb Size: 7443
Stop Light Bulb Size: 7443

High Mount Stop Light Bulb Size: 194 or 921
Fog/Driving Light Bulb Size: H3
License Plate Light Bulb Size: 2825
Back Up Light Bulb Size: 921
Front Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 2825
Map Light Bulb Size: 2825
Dome Light Bulb Size: 2825
Step/Courtesy Light Bulb Size: 2825
Trunk/Cargo Area Light Bulb Size: 2821
red ones should be what nate has.

dmention7

Hater
Ah, thanks guys. Looks like all 6 of those would swap right into my tails... but my turn signals are amber bulbs in a clear housing, so I'm not sure how the red would look.

Would you be willing to mail them for $30?

dd_69

I would. Or I could just meet you somewheres. I live right in robbinsdale. However, I want to make sure I'm clear regarding the resistors. They are the big rectangular ceramic ones and need to go in line with the wiring in the car in order for them to work without blowing. Easy to put in and remove, but I know some wouldn't be comfortable cutting their wiring and what not. I had one of the brake/parking in my car for about 6 months and one of the turns in for no more than three months testing them to make sure nothing went wrong with any of the parts. The other four and brand new but have been tested for functionality.
Nate

dmention7

Hater
Oh, I live in minneapolis, just a few blocks east of memorial parkway, so meeting up would be no problem. I'm used to all these goons living outside the 94 loop, halfway to canada or mexico!

Completely understood on the resistors--that's no big deal.

Are you around this weekend at all? I could meet you in the Robbinsdale post office parking lot or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.