Northern Cruise & Stay Over June 7th & 8th | Details Inside

Discussion in 'General Events - Finalized & Planned' started by AJ, Apr 16, 2008.

1. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

2008 MNMazda Up-North Cruise!

When: Saturday June 7th - 8:30am through Sunday June 8th
    Where: Cruise from Anoka to Itasca State Park!
    Who: Any MNMazda Member who can be respectful and is willing to commit to going ahead of time.
    Why: To take a nice drive across MN, and party like a rockstar in a cabin up north!

Alright the info you've all been waiting for! For our 08' spring cruise we are going to be heading to Itasca State Park! We have reserved a large clubhouse that sleeps up to 21 people, it has electricity, water, 5 bathrooms, etc. Should be a pretty killer setup. It does NOT have a kitchen as far as I'm aware. There is parking for at least 10 vehicles right at the clubhouse, with overflow parking nearby if we have more than 10 vehicles.

Signing up and payment

The cost for the Clubhouse is $500 for the night, that will be split up evenly between the number of people going. So the more people that go the cheaper this will be for all. There will be a $25 non refundable deposit per person to get your name on the sign-up list, depending on how many people sign up an additional amount to cover the cost of the cabin may be due the week before we leave. There are 14 beds, 7 double beds and 7 single beds. Double bed's will go to couples first.

Paypal can be sent to: dsmstyle@dsmstyle.com once we have confirmed the payment we will put you on the list!

If we should fill 21 spots and more people want to go, there are other cabins and camp sites near the clubhouse, so we can try and work something out like that.

See the next post for details on our route!

Singup List!

Double 1: AJ & Jana $50 Paid
    Double 2: Josh & Michele $50 Paid
    Double 3: Dan & Jenny $50 Paid
    Double 4: MrMatt $25 Paid
    Double 5: Ivan +1 $50 Paid
    Double 6: Tauni +1 $50 Paid
    Double 7:

Single 1: JustROLLIN $25 Paid
    Single 2: ZOOMZOOM DIVA $25 Paid
    Single 3: niterydr $25 Paid
    Single 4: E-licious $25 Paid
    Single 5: Jesse MS3GT $25 Paid not sure?
    Single 6: Mikey84 $25 Paid but canceled
    Single 7:

Current Cost Per Person: ~ $29.41

Facebook Event:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=15507315495

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2008
  2. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

Alright the details - This is tentative right now:

We will be meeting Saturday June 8th at 8:30am at the Corborn's Superstore (Grocery Store) which is right off Hwy 10 and Armstrong Blvd (Just west of Coon rapids and anoka). We plan to roll out by 9am so please be ontime. There is a gas station there, as well as the grocery store for any items you still need to pick up.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....466337&spn=0.008583,0.019269&z=16&iwloc=addr

From there we will be heading up Hwy 10 West all the way to Wadena, we are going to stop at a gas station there to fuel up and get snacks if needed, packets have been made and will be handed out before we leave from Ramsey on Saturday with the details

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...5.821143,-94.257202&spn=2.174419,4.932861&z=8

From Wadena we will take a right and head North on Hwy 71 and take that through Park Rapids and north to the East entrance of Itasca state park, then we head in, register, and let the fun begin!

Again we have packets with maps and such that will be handed out on Saturday.

More to come soon!

Cabin Information!
    If this isn't freakin cool I don't know what is:
    [​IMG]

Little blurb about the Clubhouse:

Located on a high bluff overlooking Lake Itasca, the Clubhouse is perhaps the most extraordinary Rustic Style building in the state park system. Built in approximately 1911, the Clubhouse is a two-story symmetrical structure constructed with peeled logs with saddle-notched corners. However, the building's most unusual feature is a mansard roof with flared eaves and bell-shaped dormer windows. The finely crafted interior contains 10 sleeping rooms organized around a two-story Rustic Style lobby featuring a balcony with log posts and railings. Each facade is divided into three bays with three 6-over-6 double-hung sash spaced along the first story and three corresponding dormer windows above. The center bay of the north-facing lake facade features an entrance consisting of double doors flanked by casement sash.

The Clubhouse has remained relatively unchanged since construction, although an entrance porch has been removed and several deteriorated lower logs were replaced in 1984. This was accomplished by carefully raising the wall, removing the rotted log and replacing it with a duplicate of the original.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  3. Jana

Jana New Member

*see new details*

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  4. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

clearing my schedule as we speak

5. mikey84

mikey84 Member

sounds like fun i dont work weekends so im in

6. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

Hmmm interesting...

7. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

This intrigues me. Not likely i'll be able to afford it, but interesting nonetheless.

8. Picklz

We are looking at different options due to peak season in Duluth, but if we still go there you could always go up for the day and cruise back, still gas costs but you save the lodging, otherwise you could always share a room and split the cost with someone else.

Thread will be updated when we lock a location down for the cruise 100%

9. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

You know, we did this thing at Lutsen one time where we rented a big fucking townhouse for the weekend. It was made of awesome. Do they have options like that in Duluth?

10. spek1098

spek1098 Guest

Yea, find someone in the local foodhandler/pharmacist union. The union owns a half dozen cabins right on lake superior at lutsen, and members get a killer deal. Back in the day I scored a 1 bedroom cabin that slept four people for only $40 a night.

11. Hot Ice

Hot Ice Guest

When I was looking for camp sites last spring...there were quite a few places that had townhouses/houses/lodges that could hold 10 or more people. I use www.exploreminnesota.com for most of my searching in this state. Just a thought. This is different than the camping, correct?

12. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

thats actually a good idea

13. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

Topic changed with dates and location adjustement. More details coming soon.

14. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

15. Picklz

I'll post all the details tomorrow :D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  16. Picklz

More details will be up in the next day or two, but this is going to be separate from a camping trip.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  17. Matt D.

Matt D. Guest

You guys will have a blast, every cruise I've done to Duluth and up north has been nothing but fun. I saw this posted and since I've already missed a couple of different cruises this spring already I was hoping to tag along on this one but my cousin is getting married on June 7th, so it's probably not a good idea that I miss it.

AJ, just think, a cruise without cars that are going to break!

18. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

I could bring my 88 Golf if you really want something to break ;)

19. Picklz

Alright things are set, we have a cabin reserved, see the first 2 posts for information!!! This is gonna be a BLAST!

20. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I hate to say it, but unless something changes, Taya and myself will not be able to make this one. Sounds like an amazing time, but finances and Taya's b-day are currently preventing it.