• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

New Wheels For The Rex!

FunK73

So I'm probably going to be picking up some new wheels for my FB in the spring. Although everyone has them, I'm going to go with the graphite Konig Rewinds graphite with a polished lip in 15x7, 4x110 bolt pattern, +20mm offset. The graphite looks really nice on the white FB.

I'm not really concerned about everyone having them since this is MN and no one has rx7s to begin with so I'm not concerned.

I'll be wrapping these shiny rims in these Hankook VENTUS H405 HR II 205/50 R15 86H tires

The total for all these (without mounting, just for the rims and tires themselves) is $706.00 shipped right to me, however I'm going to look into local shops prices when the time is getting nearer.

All in all, this is more or less what it will look like:

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
I support this look. If you can't get genuine Watanabes (and realistically, you can't, they're stupid expensive) the Konig Rewind is an excellent replacement.

FunK73

I either want wantabees or epsilon meshies, both of which are stupid expensive, so I figured I'd go for a reliable name and a good looking, reasonably priced wheel.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Watts over meshies on anything made before 1990, for sure. Meshies look best on euro boxes.... Dubs, Mercs, e30's and the like. You'll do well with those.

FunK73

Heres the list of hottest wheels for a first gen starting with the hottest:

Rotor Wheels:

Epsilon/autobahn meshies:

Waffle Wheels:

And my current wheels:

FunK73

I've seen those OGs on fbs before too, they're hawt as well. But we all wish we had a set of rotor wheels. Those are UNBELIEVABLY rare

W

WhiteSpy9

I dig the design for sure. I'm not 100% on the color though....

TsunamiTam

watanabes look-a-like FTW!
i initially wanted the gold with with polished lip rewinds, but back when i got my 83 FB,
the 4x110 bolt pattern was not available
so i jumped on custom made 17" Team Dynamic black rims i have now!
apparently the FB population is growing on here!
right on!
^_^
taM

FunK73

Ended up getting the Sumi's to save me some much needed cash while still getting some much needed grip. I upped the antie from stock (185/70R13) to 205/60R13 which should make a HUGE difference in the way the car sits and holds the ground. Or atleast thats the idea. Anywhos, here they are pre-spring mounting.