New member from Atlanta

Discussion in 'Project Cars' started by mx5atlanta, May 12, 2013.

1. mx5atlanta

mx5atlanta New Member

Hey guys!

Names Ryan.

Moved up here about a month ago from Atlanta Ga. I live Near Forest lake.

Was and AM still a part of another forum..(dont wanna post it and get in trouble but its a miata forum...)

Anyways Now to the goods :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a 2003 Mazda Miata (MX-5) OMG Panda Miata!

Mods:
    F1 racing stage 3 clutch and 11.5 lb Flywheel
    Buddy club racing spec 8k/6k Coilovers 13" front Center of hub to Top of Fender, 13.5" Rear
    Corbeuo FX pro Racing seats
    LC-1 Innovative wideband
    Front O2 Clamp (For piggyback, Prevents Stock ECU leaning out the additional Fuel under boost.)
    Power Cards (timing and Fuel Piggyback ECU)
    Jackson Racing MP45 Supercharger
    Flying miata front sway bar
    Stock rear sway
    Flying miata bumpstops
    Flying miata Swaybar Links
    Deleted stock muffler (test pipe)
    Aftermarket cat (lost 15 lbs. switching to aftermarket)

Still passes emissions

15x8 T&R racing rims
    P205/50/15 Kuhmo extra XS
    Torsen 3.90 Rear end
    Sport brakes package

Chaser Carbon fiber Hood
    autokonexion V1 Carbon fiber trunk
    New Black top :p

I started this car 2 years ago on another forum. This car is really only made for one thing... Twisties.

I have 2 seasons of AutoX under my belt with this car.

Not that these are BIG numbers..... Nor do i think anyone will challenge them (I do have the Dyno sheet though)

159.9 WHP
    145 Tq

Cars weight is 2200~ lbs.

Not great big giant numbers, But i don't need a strait line car, nor is this what it will be. I need power i can put down mid turn and be able to utilize all of the power.

My plans from here is a Intercooler system for the MP45, which should bump me up around 170-180 Whp-ish...

Also i have a Mishimoto Radiator that is just sitting in my garage i need to install on it.

Pics of the car in action

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys like it!

2. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I quite like it. As far as other forums, we don't discriminate.... But yeah, welcome aboard!

3. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

Very nice set up. Welcome to the forum. Hope to meet you in person sometime.

4. matt8478

matt8478 New Member

Welcome to the forum, ver nice ride.

5. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

Ooooo I like! Welcome to the forums! My next project car very well could end up being a Miata - I like what you've done to yours so far. How has it held up in SSM? That's a rough class.

6. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

Welcome!!! Did you make it out to the local M1/M2 autox here? You'll want to check out mnautox.com as well. I'll be at a few events this year co-driving in STR so be nice to see some new people out!

7. mx5atlanta

mx5atlanta New Member

i did well in GA. This year at Points 1 in GA i placed 1st in my class... Sooo yeah. I did ok. I need to do more to the car as SSM is a hard class and the car is extremely under prepared for that class but thanks to the supercharger that's my new found home :p

8. JohnnyT

JohnnyT New Member

Welcome aboard - was it you that got some heat over at RK? Thought this looked familiar.

You won't have any trouble from members over here. Hope to meet you and the car at some meets soon!

9. mx5atlanta

mx5atlanta New Member

yes. That was me

Unfortunately that forum is like /b.... You just dont go there.... except to see when the monday night meets are...

10. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

Those Monday night meets are near my place and you can hear fart cans for miles. The only thing good about that meet is the old cars that shows up at Wags the same night, lots of sweet cars there! And overall I'm very happy for Wags, they get some great business from both groups I think.

11. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Wednesday night in Bloomington if you're not into the ricekiller crowd, lots more mellow than that.

12. mx5atlanta

mx5atlanta New Member

address and time please.... Is it anywhere near forest lake?

13. 1Kris06

1Kris06 MAD LIGHTS YO

far from it...494 and 35W.

Sonic - 2101 American Blvd W, Bloomington, MN

530ish

14. mntony1

mntony1 New Member

Welcome to MN and the mnmazda forums. Nice ride.