new guy from Big Lake

Discussion in 'The Intros' started by DK_man, May 15, 2013.

1. DK_man

DK_man New Member

hey guys, I drive a white and black '04 mazda6. from Big Lake/Elk River area. bought my car about a year ago for my job but now ive been starting to customize it. idk what else to really say. so zoom zoom

2. JohnnyT

JohnnyT New Member

Welcome! Post some pics.

3. YSOSLO

YSOSLO is the word, beotch

Welcome! Always great to have new members. Yes, pics!

4. 1Kris06

1Kris06 MAD LIGHTS YO

Welcome

Did you happen to be at Boost for Boobies?

5. DK_man

DK_man New Member

no, i wasnt at boost for boobies. but here is my car.. i ordered some fog lights and a new grill on monday... so new pics next week.

View attachment 1598

6. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

Welcome. Our site has an issue dealing with attachments so you may want to link your pic via Photobucket or the like.

7. matt8478

matt8478 New Member

Welcome to the forum

8. Turbotalon1g

Turbotalon1g Guest

9. WhiteSpy9

WhiteSpy9 Guest

heyo....

10. DK_man

DK_man New Member

11. JohnnyT

JohnnyT New Member

All you have to do is put img brackets to embed pics - [​IMG]

Like so:

[​IMG]

Car looks clean!

12. 1Kris06

1Kris06 MAD LIGHTS YO

You'll want to paint the headlight bezels black, possibly nightshade the side markers and get some black/darker taillights to complete the look.

Edit: What grill did you buy?

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  13. DK_man

DK_man New Member

14. 1Kris06

1Kris06 MAD LIGHTS YO

I have 1 or 2 other options if you end up not liking that one.

15. DK_man

DK_man New Member

ive seen a lot of them on ebay and i liked this the most. didnt like the vertical style one or the speed grill. and plus, i wasnt going to spend $too much$ on those carbon fiber ones.

16. DK_man

DK_man New Member

a lot of people told me to dip the wheels too. ive never done that before or even seen them, anybody know if it looks good/holds up against the elements? especially after this crazy year?

17. ohsixspeedsix

ohsixspeedsix Owl Exterminator!!

18. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

I 'dipped' the wheels on my z06 a few weeks ago for the hell of it, can't really comment on how they'll hold up and they won't see winter but I was pretty happy with how they turned out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't really complain for $25 in paint and a couple afternoons of work. If you apply it correctly it peels off fairly easily (or so I'm told) so if ya don't like it you can always go back.

19. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Ahhh... Big Lake. I'm actually out there quite a bit as of late, which is odd because it's REALLY far for me. So if you ever see a black Speed 3 with purple wheels, or perhaps a gold Jackie Chan on the window, that's me.

20. DK_man

DK_man New Member

now that you say that, i have seen you before. i saw the gold chan on the window.

i only brought up dipping the wheels because i dont have money for new rims just yet. guess its the cheap way to go.. idk. if i get bored on my days off i just might. plus if its as easy to remove as every claims to be, then why the hell not.