• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

New 2010 Mazda3 sedan revealed!

Workdawg

NARWHAL
Interesting... I dig it.

I noticed it's got dual exhaust and a 2.5 badge on the back... interesting.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Mazda sure knows how to keep the 3 design looking good. I'm with Dan, I'm digging this!

D

DrWebster

I'm afraid I'm not digging it. I don't like the nose or the tail. The car has a nice profile otherwise.

Hopefully this is one of those deals where the hatch looks similar to, but not just like, the sedan. Maybe I'll like the new hatch better.

LASERBLUE135

I like it. I HATE dual exhausts, but whatever. Very saturn sky from the front. Looks good though.

So is this the 2.5 that is the base of the turbo Focus RS? Wondering if the next ms3 will be an RS clone.

D

DrWebster

I like it. I HATE dual exhausts, but whatever. Very saturn sky from the front. Looks good though.

So is this the 2.5 that is the base of the turbo Focus RS? Wondering if the next ms3 will be an RS clone.
The 2.5 is simply a bored and stroked MZR.

Workdawg

NARWHAL
My only concern with the design is look at it head on. It looks very much like it'll be smiling, like so many other mazdas. The smile is lame.

dmention7

Hater
I liked it better when front end just had kind of a hint of a mischievous smile. The "smile" on the new gen of mazdas is far too exaggerated IMO.

I'm not completely sure I like the new design... it makes the car look a lot longer than the current gen, though that might just be an illusion from the rear roof lines and the elongated tail lights.

I dinno... there was something about the 04-06 3 hatch and sedan that made me love them the instant I first saw them, and it's hasn't yet been replaced with anything that has the same appeal to me.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
I think... I like it, but there are way too many futzy little details. WTF with that gigantic black bar across the front? It's my only real gripe with the ms3, and dammit, they made it worse.

Jana

I'm more interested to see what the new hatch will look like. That'll be about out about the time my current lease is up, so I"m hoping I like it as much as my current one.

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
I'm not too sure about the front yet. other than that I really dig it though. Redesigns for a car I already like always scare me, but it looks like Mazda might have done okay, I'm anxious to see one IRL

S

Slim

I like it. I can roll with them on the redesigns because they have to be different than the current gen. The 6 and 3 are steps in a new direction. And it's a direction I like. I don't love it like I love the current 3 and 03-05 6's, but I know I'm not always going to love every generation of a car.

IMHO they appear to have maintained their perch atop the other import competition. Sentras and Corollas are hideous. And I can't get into the current Civic either. So the 3 will still rise to the top.

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
I'm not a big fan of the new look either, but more because I think it looks like a cross between a Corolla, Jetta and a 3. After seeing how the new 6 has some design cues taken from the RX-8, I was hoping to see some of those same type of cues applied to the 3. So many other manufacturers out there have the "typical look" that gets nuanced from one model to the next generation after generation like the Dodge crosshair grill or the BMW grill, and I just don't think Mazda seems to have found their "look" yet. I was hoping after seeing the new 6, that the look was going to involve the flare of the front fenders a la RX-8. Just my 2 cents.

dmention7

Hater
Well, one of their recent design cues has been the 5-point grille. Look at all the mid 90's through current gen mazdas. They haven't abandoned it entirely with the new gen, but it seems to have morphed from a trademark upper grille (like BMW, pontiac, and dodge all use) to that weird smiley lower grille.

ij1889

i do not like it from the pics, but i would prob think it looks okay in person, the ass of the car is just tooooooo BIG in the pics, and not a big fan of the grill, it looks like the new rx8 grill imo

and i dont even like that one too much. like i said before, i will wait to see it in person before finally making up my mind about it

Last edited:

dmention7

Hater
Call me crazy, but the wheels on that RX-8 make me not hate the snowflakes so much--maybe it's the lower offset design that sinks the hub in from the lip a little bit. Hopefully they can get the wheels cleaned up a bit on the 2010 3 as well.

jpmn3blk

After first glance I'm not sure I like the new direction. Some goods points, removed side door moldings, side reflecters and pig tail antenna, but I don't like the look of the tail lights or headlights. Plenty of potential for new mods :D

M

mazdamn02

I love the grill, the rear looks Lexus IS series-esque, not sure...