MNMazda Beer Mugs?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Mazda Storefront' started by mndsm, Oct 1, 2011.

1. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

You heard that right... MNMazda beer mugs. Yours truly has stumbled upon an opportunity to get these made, at a relatively low cost, and I think i'd like to pass that on. Right now i'm looking at liter beer mugs (you know the ones you drink 3 of and wonder why you're hammered because you only drank 3 beers, common for Oktoberfest.....) and I am also able to do screen names, if the demand is there. Right now, the price is looking to be about 15$/each, unless I can find a better deal on glass. This will cover glass, etchwork, and a couple bucks for the site. What I do need is a total commitment in groups of 12, because that's the best way to get glass, as opposed to singly. Once I know there's enough committed demand, I'll get to work on getting them made. I won't ask for payment til they come in, and as always, the payment will be made directly to the MNMazda keep this pig running fund.

[​IMG]

Preview of the work..... let me know if they're something you're interested in. I can look into what it would cost to do 16oz ones too, but that might not be as easy due to what goes into etching the glass.

PREORDER IS OPEN AGAIN, NO MORE OPTIONS

AJ, Jana- WITH SCREEN NAMES.
    Pete x2- S/N on both
    Hayden x2 with screen name on both.
    Jurgenx4- S/N, Katie, two blank.
    MrMattx2- Picklz, Pips
    Jay x2- both with dmention7 S/N
    Kris- 1 with s/n

The front will be the revised revised mnmazda logo. IE- The state, the flying M, and further in- the MNMazda text. The only change will be we will be using the current text as seen up top.

As always I won't ask for $$$ until the product is ready to deliver.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

OR- we can do 25oz ones, and they'd likely be about 10$ each, if that. Either way. Need to justify a case to pull the trigger.

3. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

Just curious as to how the etching is done? I'll prob be in for either size, whatever the masses want.

4. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

acid etching, pretty simple process, really. Mask off what you don't want etched, paint acid goo on it, wait, wash.

5. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Damn, at that price I might even take 2!

6. ohsixspeedsix

ohsixspeedsix Owl Exterminator!!

I don't drink beer but that would be pretty cool. Almost wish I had a cooler screen name. lol

7. YSOSLO

YSOSLO is the word, beotch

I'd be in for one no matter what the size (although, 'go big or go home'....werd). Any pics from a little further away? I can't tell what the heck I'm lookin' at in the first post.

8. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

You're looking at the beer pitcher it was tested on. That's the only pic I have.

9. SLyness18

SLyness18 New Member

Maybe the mazda symbol also? I love beer and i love mugs id be down for one or two either size or both sizes! and it would give me a reason to drive to the cities for another meet

10. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

Tom are you making these or having them made. I'm interested with some more info about the product. I can get similar through my shirt vendors, but I'm interested in getting in on this.

11. Mnspeed3

Mnspeed3 New Member

View attachment 1327

12. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I will be making these myself.

13. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

That can probably be worked out, pending space.

14. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

[​IMG]

Another shot of a prototype, this time on a 12oz glass. Sounds like we're gonna be able to get the flyin' M on there easily.

15. spek1098

spek1098 Guest

I'd be down for a set of 4 of the 25oz ones, some shot glasses would be nifty too

16. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I can look into shot glasses, the problem therein being able to scale down the logo enough to get it to fit.

On the subject of it all- people seem to be more interested in the 25oz ones. I have no problem with this... just trying to determine which direction to go. I love you guys and all, but I don't want to be sitting on a dozen unsold beer mugs because I bought the wrong size, and then etched them.....

17. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

25oz and Done. We are all big boys here.

18. Mnspeed3

Mnspeed3 New Member

Heres the logo on a regular 12oz drinking glass to get an idea of what they look like. They are acid etched, excellent quality plus they will be "handcrafted" by none other then Tom :) Larger mugs will show off the logos better since there is more space on them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  19. ohsixspeedsix

ohsixspeedsix Owl Exterminator!!

omg i want the mazdaspeed one too!!! you should do that on one side, and the mnmazda on the other. Just sayin'

20. micahlarson

micahlarson Guest

Once stuff get's ironed out count me in for at least 1 mug with my screen name and a mnmazda logo :)