• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Meguiars products.

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
Hey Nate,

What would you recommend for a red car to get that deep wet look? I was thinking Meguiars show car glaze (#7) along with Hi-Tech Yellow Wax (#26). If you have other recommendation's please do share them.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
That sound like a good one two punch the only thing i would say is try this Meguiar’s #21 Synthetic Sealant after the glaze to get a bit more depth out of your finish.

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-synthetic-sealant.html

That will help with the wet look your after also the more times you use the glaze (at the same time doing it in 2-4 coats) the deeper the paint will look.

Good qusetion
Nate

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
Alright so Glaze x2-4, #21 Sealant, then Hi-Tech on top...sounds like a good plan to me.

What would you recommend before the Show car glaze to help with some swirl marks and light scratches?

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
If you want the full line of stuff I would go like this.

1.Meguiars #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish

2.Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover

3.Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze

4.Meguiars #21 Synthetic Sealant

5.Meguiars #26 Hi-Tech Liquid Carnauba Wax

Like that and the reason there are so many is because you need to take baby stepps or else you may be working against yourself.

This will bring the shine back from whatever you put it through.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
It all depends on the car if it as been done before or not but most of the time i do the whole car with all of the steps.

W

WhiteSpy9

Have you used those meg's products before Nate or anyone else?

If you want the full line of stuff I would go like this.

1.Meguiars #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish

2.Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover

3.Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze

4.Meguiars #21 Synthetic Sealant

5.Meguiars #26 Hi-Tech Liquid Carnauba Wax

Like that and the reason there are so many is because you need to take baby stepps or else you may be working against yourself.

This will bring the shine back from whatever you put it through.

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
I have all of them now except for the #21 and I should be getting that soon, I haven't had to use the swirl remover or the dual action cleaner polish yet, but will get a chance to try that out on an older vehicle within the next week or so.

I've done my MS3 with the #7 then #26 a couple times now and I really like the results. I will probably play around with multiple coats and throw the #21 into the mix next time and see how things go, overall for the price and easy availability I really like the Mirror line.