meeting places (restaurants, parks, lake, events etc...)

Discussion in 'General Events - Planning' started by 1Kris06, Feb 19, 2011.

1. 1Kris06

1Kris06 MAD LIGHTS YO

EDIT FROM GOD- There is no more Porkys. It's been bought and is being levelled. We actually need a new place

Just pulling ideas from the 'weekly meet facelift' thread into one post. feel free to post other ideas for new meets and i'll add them to the first post.

Non-Restaurants (BYOF):
    Como, St Paul 1225 Estabrook Drive, St Paul, MN (651) 487-8200‎
    Calhoun
    Hyland Park, Bloomington - 10145 Bush Lake Rd Bloomington, MN 55438-2164 (763) 694-7687
    Roseland Park, Edina - right off of Highway 62 and France Ave.
    Why: It has grilling pits, a playground for kidlets, lots of parking, frisbee golfing, and if people are "adventurous" enough, a lake for swimming.

Restaurants (for whenever or rainy days):
    Red Robin, Plymouth - 2669 Campus Drive Plymouth, MN 55441 (763) 559-7576
    Buffalo Tap, Savage - 4990 West 123rd Street, Savage, MN (952) 808-7317
    Lions Tap, Eden Praire - 16180 Flying Cloud Drive, Eden Prairie, MN (952) 934-5299
    BWW, Variety of Locations TBD
    Fuddruckers, Bloomington - 3801 Minnesota Dr, Bloomington, MN (952) 835-3833
    Sonic, Location TBD
    Champs, Minnetonka - addy??
    5 Guys Burgers and Fries, Edina - 3871 Gallagher Dr Edina, Minnesota 55435 (952) 893-5489

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
  2. Gdschaf

Gdschaf New Member

way to be kris, keepin it organized

also, throw down bdubs, i love bdubs and there are many around the cities

3. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

+1 To BWW/Bdubs - Plymouth, Crystal, Columbia Heights are all somehwhat central

4. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

If you live in Canada..... There's also Fuddruckers in Bloomington, any number of Sonics, etc etc.

5. Picklz

Those are all as central (moreso in the case of Crystal) as bloomington, and I'm talking central as in close to mpls not your house lol.

6. Picklz

Sonic could be fun for a meet or two at some point actually, maybe a friday night or something.

7. spek1098

spek1098 Guest

Champs in Minnetonka, by Ridgedale. The first ever meeting place in July 2005 of MM3E, the predecessor to MNMazda.

8. StealthSpeed3

StealthSpeed3 Charge THIS!!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  9. ohsixspeedsix

ohsixspeedsix Owl Exterminator!!

I think sonic is a cool idea.

10. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

I like Sonic as well.

11. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Sonics good because it's a drive in, and there's plenty of em around. The downside is- the food sucks and at least at the WSP one, the service is HELLA questionable. But they got good squishies, so i'm in.

12. Picklz

I thought sonic food was decent, not great, but decent. The bigger problem may be space - probably won't be so bad if we're talking Wednesday night, but Fri/Sat night they tend to be busy.

13. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Sonic would also be nice in the sense that the one off American has plenty of overflow parking, places to go if it gets shitty outside (southdale lanes for bowling is right thurrrrr) and it's kinda like Porkys in the sense that we can always go raid Savers.

That just makes me think tho, I'm going to miss a lot of little stuff about Porkys. The runs to Goodwill, seeing all the stupid shit on Uni (scooter man, the benzo, the moped mafia, etc etc) checking out the goodwill cars and finding a homeless man living in them.... there was a LOT of fun to be had there, even if there was drama. Also, I bet sonic gets pissed if we start doing installs in their lot. Porkys just plain didn't give a fuck. Never called the cops, never told us to leave, nothin.

14. JohnnyT

JohnnyT New Member

Not sure how other Sonic parking lots are laid out, but the one in Savage has very limited room for parking. We'd have a helluva time getting even 10 cars in there.

Now, Culver's has bigger parking lots and similar food....

15. ohsixspeedsix

I'd say the savage sonic has plenty o' room for at least 15 cars in just the stalls plus other parking. I go to that one frequently. And it is never really uber busy there even on fiday/saturday.

16. JohnnyT

JohnnyT New Member

Ok so we're going to put 15 cars in the stalls and clog up the entire lot and just hang out there for 3-4 hours and expect other customers to GTFO?

Don't think we'd get approval for that, and not to mention Savage is way too far south for the majority of people here.

How are the other Sonics on the north side laid out?

We need something with more room than what Savage can hold...

17. ohsixspeedsix

valid point my friend.

18. Slim

Slim Guest

Since I know this area well, I'm gonna throw this out there.

39th Ave and Silver Lake Rd (former Apache Plaza)

This has one of those strip mall clusters where the streets are setup to feel like a small country town with angled parking, nice sidewalks, benches, etc. The location is fairly central in the St. Anthony/NE MPLS area. And the thing is that one half of the strip mall area never sold, so they are vacant buildings. Which they are always empty and you can park on the "small town street" with no problem (Areas #1, #2, #3 on the attached map. There is also a small park right nearby with parking close to this as well (#4). So long as everyone is cool and this should alleviate the loitering concerns.

Lot #2 also has extra room where people could gather with chairs etc. and hang out pretty easily as the neighboring buildings are vacant. There are numerous food places within walking distance as well: Chipotle, Applebee's, Culver's, Smash Burger, Wendy's, and a Caribou Coffee as well.

It's a nice little area especially in the summer and instead of hanging around a parking lot somewhere, at least this would have cars driving by and other distractions. Like I said, throwing it out there.

Attached Files:

19. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

I like this idea. Seems to have a lot of stuff to do if you don't care to sit and BS.
    I approve.

20. Picklz

I know that area quite well, been at that applebees more than a few times. I think it seems like a great idear/spot.