Mafia 4 - Night 2, Deadline 10/7 9pm

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Workdawg, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

Deadline: October 14, 9:00 pm

Players Alive! (6/9)
    2. Picklz
    3. Tom
    4. Nate
    5. AJ
    6. Jay
    7. Andy

Players Dead! (3/9)
    1. JT - DEAD Vanilla Townie... SHIT
    9. Josh - DEAD Vanilla Townie... SHIT²
    8. Eddy - DEAD Vanilla Townie... SHIT³

Significant Events:
    - End of Day 1 - http://www.mnmazda.com/forum/showth...eadline-10-5-9pm&p=85194&viewfull=1#post85194
    - Start of Day 2 - http://www.mnmazda.com/forum/showth...eadline-10-5-9pm&p=85224&viewfull=1#post85224
    - End of Day 2 - http://www.mnmazda.com/forum/showth...eadline-10-5-9pm&p=85684&viewfull=1#post85684
    - Start of Day 3 - http://www.mnmazda.com/forum/showth...eadline-10-7-9pm&p=85710&viewfull=1#post85710

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  2. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

The Rules - Break any rules and I will modkill you... (remove you from the game)

> Fundamental
    1. Unless your role PM tells you otherwise. DO NOT DISCUSS THIS GAME OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. No talking about it in the chatbox, no PMing other players, nothing.
    2. Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game, and any blatant personal attacks on another player will not be tolerated. Remember that everyone just wants to have fun!
    3. DO NOT quote any PM communications you have with the moderator. This includes role PMs. (Paraphrasing is allowed though.)
    4. Any form of encryption or alteration is forbidden. This includes bona fide encryption, spoiler text, and unreadable text. I reserve the right to judge on a case-by-case basis.
    5. You are NOT, under ANY circumstances, allowed to edit posts in this thread. If you make a typo, or misformat something, you must leave it alone. If you want, I can edit your post to fix such things (ask me to, otherwise I won't), but you CANNOT do this. You can create a new post and use the acroynm "EBWOP" (edit by way of post) to indicate a double post is meant to fix the first if you want.

> Voting, lynching and deadlines
    6. For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form vote: playername. The colon is optional. You may also vote to No Lynch by posting Vote: No Lynch.
    7. If you wish to remove your vote and be "not voting", unvotes must be bold to count. (UNVOTE) Although it is not necessary, it is very much appreciated if you could unvote before changing your vote.
    8. A lynch will occur at n/2 + 1 vote then rounded down, where n is the number of players currently alive. Once a lynch is achieved, votes may not be changed. (A majority must be achieved).
    9. At a deadline, rule 8 will still be in play. If there is not a majority, then nobody will be lynched and night will begin.
    10. If a lynch occurs, then the game enters ‘twilight’, where all alive players except the lynchee may converse until I lock the thread and confirm the lynch. No votes may be changed during twilight.
    11. Once you are dead, you may no longer post.

> Activity
    12. All days will have a fixed deadline of 1 weeks. I may grant extension depending on how the game is progressing and overall player activity.
    13. All nights will have a deadline of 48 hours. This deadline may be shortened if ALL players send me a PM asking for night to end early.

> Game Setup
    14. This game will use a standard "F11" setup which is involves the following roles for players:
    1 Vanilla Mafia
    1 Mafia Roleblocker
    One of the following setups for town:
    1. 5 VT, Cop and Doc
    2. 6 VT, Cop
    3. 6 VT, Doc
    4. 7 VT​

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  3. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

Sample Role PMs

TOWN

Normal Town Player (Townie)
    Town Cop
    Town Doctor

MAFIA

Mafia Goon

Mafia Roleblocker

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  4. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

Role PMs are out... the thread is now open... though day does not officially start until I have received confirmation PMs for 7/9 players.

5. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

I hate scum.... SOOOO MUCH.

6. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

oh yeah...? trying to analyize your post I am. :haker:

7. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

so is this it? Did it start yet?

8. WhiteSpy9

WhiteSpy9 Guest

OMG He said scum, so he must be scum. Scumdiddleumum.

9. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

Nate, we can talk but Day 1 has not officially started until Dan posts as such, which will happen once 7 of 9 players have responded to his PM confirming their role.

10. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

7/9 confirmed, game is a go.

----------------------------------

Current Vote Count (1.1)

JT [0]
    Picklz [0]
    Tom [0]
    Nate [0]
    AJ [0]
    Jay [0]
    Andy [0]
    Kris [0]
    Josh [0]

With 9 players alive, 5 votes are needed to lynch!

Deadline to vote: 9/26, 9pm.

11. JohnnyT

JohnnyT New Member

We need to try to avoid the constant paranoia of the last game. Not having Eddy in this game should help with that.

Yes Nate, the game is officially underway. We have a week to find ze scum.

12. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

Who is scum?

13. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

I agree JT - I think the best way to avoid the constant paranoia is to try and stick to facts rather than make wild accusations and twist words, we have to work together rather than try and turn everyone against each other if we're going to have any chance at lynching the scum.

That said - we obviously don't have much to go on so far. Jay said he hates scum, which any player (scum or not) would presumably want to say. Andy called him out on it right away, which might just be a good way to get discussion going, but it also could be a solid way to immediately direct attention to Jay, and away from Andy.

/discuss

14. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

The scum do not have the upper hand if the townies can stick together.

Picklz has made some solid points here. But I think facts are not always so easy to call facts.

Andy did call AJ out that is a fact.

15. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Paranoia is more likely to result in a random lynch than a scum lynch. Therefore anyone inciting paranoia will begin ranking high on my personal lynch list.

16. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I vote lynch eddy. Because racecar.

17. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

And on a more serious (read not being a jerkbag to Eddy) note- picklz DOES bring up some valid points. Hmmmmmm.

18. WhiteSpy9

WhiteSpy9 Guest

Deadline to vote: 9/26, 9pm.

We have a week to decide?

My reaction comment to Jay was because of how a previous game went and it was just lame.

19. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Well, there's two ways to look at it. Inciting paranoia is GENERALLY a bad idea. However, it can work. Think about it. You get everyone all wound up, people start making mistakes. There might be a clue in there... because if you start pointing a lynch at a scum, they're going to fight VERY hard to push it to a townie. If you VTL a Townie, they're going to fight just as hard to not lynch themselves. If a townie is going to be lynched, the scum is going to be cool as a cucumber, confident in the fact that the townies are toast.

20. WhiteSpy9

WhiteSpy9 Guest

This is my town. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My town is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My town, without me, is useless. Without my town, I am useless. I must lynch my town true. I must lynch straighter than the scum who are trying to kill me. I must lynch him before he lynches me. I will...