Itasca State Park Cabin/Clubhouse Trip - Sunday September 8th 2013

Discussion in 'General Events - Finalized & Planned' started by Picklz, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

It wasn't going to happen!!

2. k.trazy

k.trazy New Member

Well shit. Still though would've been cool to meet more new people!

3. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

There's still space for anyone that want's to get in on this, even if it's last minute - we're leaving in less than 5 days!

To recap - we're meeting Saturday morning at 9:15am at Coborns on Hwy 10 ( Map ) please have your shopping done already, if you need any last minute items or booze we can pick it up there, but I'd like to get on the road by 9:30am.

We'll be meeting Josh and Shelly @ The copper lantern for brunch Map should be there around 10:15-10:30. Then we'll head up to the park.

Camping is Saturday night - those confirmed already have campsites reserved, if anyone new would like to come along and you are thinking of coming up Saturday please make sure you reserve a campsite.

Sunday morning we will pack up and check out of the campsite and check into the Cabin, we may not be able to get into the cabin until 4pm - normally it's earlier but that's the guaranteed time. If that is the case we likely can just leave the cars packed and go find something in the park to do.

Cost as of right now is $300 / 7 people = $43 per person. That is taking into account the deposits that have already been paid.

There is no fridge or other cooking facilities at the cabin or campgrounds so pack accordingly. Josh I believe is bringing his grill so grilling foods are preferable. There are bathrooms/showers near the campsites, and the cabin has like 5 bathrooms.

For anyone that would like to join us - Kelsey and I are going out to dinner Sat night - there's a place w/ some of the best broasted chicken (along with other things) so we'll probably head over there and swing through town on the way back if we need anything.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  4. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

What time do we have to check out of the campsite?

5. JP5

JP5 New Member

I believe checkout is noon.

I mentioned I can bring my grill - let's figure out the food situation. Picklz mentioned he's headed to get a furry clam at the seafood shack on saturday night - we're not invited.

6. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

I have a propane cookstove I can bring. I don't really plan on cooking anything with it, but I would be happy to bring it along if anyone did want to do some cooking. Let me know!

Also, since I'm flying solo, my cooler will probably have tons of room in it. If you don't have or don't want to bring a full size cooler, you're welcome to throw some fudz in.

7. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

I would rather cook than go out to eat, so yea, grill or stove sounds good. If we can plan accordingly I'll likely get some hobo meals together to cook.

8. Picklz

We're planning on just bringing brats and hot dogs for lunch/Dinner on Sunday, some donuts or other easy food items for Breakfasts, and probably grabbing lunch somewhere on the way home on Monday.

9. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Same here... I'll probably pass on going out to eat as well. All I need is a pack of hot dogs, a campfire, and a pointy stick! :D

10. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

You forgot beer!

11. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

I figured that was a given :)

12. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

True. Going to be a blast!!!

13. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

I'm thinking about grabbing a growler of cold press from Caribou this morning. Would anyone else tap off that, or would I be lugging a huge glass jug of coffee just for myself? lol

14. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

Eh, I probably won't have any. Is there a Caribou near this grocery store we are meeting at?

15. JP5

JP5 New Member

I'd definitely trade you some bourbon for cold press.

I am bringing fixins for sandwiches for Sunday lunch perhaps- ham, salami, cheese and some fancy rolls to share.

16. Picklz

There is one right next to coborns, yes.

And if everyone can try and remember to bring cash or a check that'd be awesome - or send me paypalz at some point soonish.

And plan for purchasing a permit for your car, not sure how much it is exactly I seem to remember it being like $5 or $10. I'm not sure if they take visa or cash only, I plan to have some cashola for that, firewood, ice, etc.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  17. JP5

JP5 New Member

picklz I have cash for you!

18. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

As do Corey and I!

19. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

Great success. So much fun!!!! So very hung over. Thanks for putting this together Picklz!

20. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL