Interest in tinting tail Or any other lenses **Updated**

Discussion in 'Appearance and Body Modification' started by Big Nate, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

I have seen some interest is tinting the taillights of some cars. So this thread is gauging how many people will FOR SURE DO THIS.

We will be using Nite Shades tint spray and it will be a "do your own work" type thing. I can get the spray for $10 a can +shipping. We will wait to see how many people we have with interest and then I will buy all the spray and everyone will pay me back. If you want to clear coat the lens that is up to you to get the clear coat.

1. Speed6 Guy
    2. dmention7
    3. mazdamn02
    4. speed addict
    5. RoadRageMotors
    6. micahlarson
    7. aviateur

Here is the stuff.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  2. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

I'm all over this.

3. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

I'm all over it! Add me plz!

4. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

5. speed_addict

speed_addict Guest

Count me in for sure!

6. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

Depending on how the tail lights I am having done now turn out I might want to get in on thise to do the side markers in the front.

7. RoadRageMotors

RoadRageMotors New Member

put me down for a can

8. GYG

GYG New Member

Stupid question...how hard is it to take off if the Po-Po says it's gotta go? I might be interested as well...

9. speed_addict

speed_addict Guest

If you are tinting the headlights, that would be a different story. As long as you have three red lights visible from behind, there really isn't much a cop could do. With night shade, you can do different levels of tint- depending on how many coats you do.

If anyone wants an idea of what the side markers look like with this on them, my side markers are tinted with night shade.

10. GYG

GYG New Member

The cops in my home town were dinks...I had some GTO blackouts on my old Mustang tail lights, and they made me take'em off.

You gonna be at Porky's tomorrow night? I'd like to check those side markers out...

11. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

Can't wait for some onion rings. Hmmm....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2007
  12. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

My sidemarkers are blackblackblack, if you want to take a look... lol

13. Slim

Slim Guest

GYG,

If 5-0 is that strict I've got another option for you. I'm heading to Porky's tomorrow and you can see what I did to my tails if you want. Painted black but the area where the lights are is untouched.

14. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Yeah, that's a nice look!

15. GYG

GYG New Member

I'll have to check that out too. Sounds like an inexpensive way to customize, that's for sure!

16. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

Here is a good pic of my side marker lights.

[​IMG]

17. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

Man you car is alwasy clean. Look nice as hell on your car Nate. How easy are they to get out. Would it be possible to take it out and put it up on my car quick to see what it looks like sometime?

18. speed_addict

speed_addict Guest

I will be there...

19. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

Sure it is about two mins to do. but I don't know when I will see you with you not making it to porky anymore. LOL

20. micahlarson

micahlarson Guest

add me in