• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

I want to build a rollercoaster!

J

JustROLLIN

Is that for real? LMAO. Why would someone put that in the middle of the track?

I saw something on HGTV the other day where a guy built one for his grandkids in the backyard. Not nearly that cool, but still...

Wait, did I just admit to watching HGTV? I swear I was just flipping by...

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
The head bashed part was fake. But the rest of it is real. How fun does that stuff look?

J

JustROLLIN

Looks awesome. Gotta find someone with some land, a hill, and lumber. Clear out some land down the hillside, and away ya go. I would build about 3 ft of track say screw it, and try to drive the cart down the hill.

Last edited by a moderator:

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Sounds like me. As for the lumber, i'd get it off craigslist, or from people demo'ing decks and stuff. Cheap wood. I'd probably try to do some sort of metal track, but who knows. I figured I could run the hill climb off a set of wheel chair motors and some car batteries. All of that can be sourced at your friendly neighborhood Axe Man!

dmention7

Hater
Sounds like me. As for the lumber, i'd get it off craigslist, or from people demo'ing decks and stuff. Cheap wood. I'd probably try to do some sort of metal track, but who knows. I figured I could run the hill climb off a set of wheel chair motors and some car batteries. All of that can be sourced at your friendly neighborhood Axe Man!
Nothing like cheap lumber when you're building a rollercoaster!

M

mazdamn02

I wouldn't want batteries on the rollercoaster train part, if it had to have batteries it could only be for ground effects lighting, lol.

I'd say that you have a pully that the train latches on to so it can be pulled up the hill by a honda civic's motor! perhaps we could take the motor from the civic we plan on using for bonfire at the duluth meet....

dmention7

Hater
Good call. I'd bet we could also use the scrap metal from the gynormous aluminum wing (you know it'll have one!) to construct roughly 2/3 of the track supports as well!

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Or we could gut the shell and use it as the cab itself. That'd make it super fast! Especially if it was a Type R.

D

DrWebster

I wouldn't want batteries on the rollercoaster train part, if it had to have batteries it could only be for ground effects lighting, lol.
Gonna have to add two batteries, so one can power the slammin' system. I'd install like 20 subs in there.

Oh, and I almost forgot:

HIT THE NOS!!!

P

pingwin77

The honda engine is a good idea, Wouldn't it work just as well to put a hampster in a wheel and have him operate the ride? Besides, do you really want any Honda parts on your coaster? Maybe have the logo on some padding at the end for the coaster to run into. With a big spear!

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Well, I WAS being serious about this...... but yeah. Make it a game. Have Honda badges to whap with a stick on the way by. Sorta like jousting!