How many people called you about the bridge last night

Discussion in 'Site Archive' started by ZoomZoom Diva, Aug 2, 2007.

1. ZoomZoom Diva

ZoomZoom Diva New Member

Well, I had 10 messages on my cell phone after the meet, (all from my mom calling every 5-10 minutes!), then about 6 more calls from friends all over the place. My sister called regarding something else, and didn't even know about it! She wondered why I answered the phone with, "Yes, I'm fine".

2. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I only had 2. One from my brother and one from my mom.

3. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

I got a couple... parents and my uncle who happened to see it on the news. Fortunately, there was nothing to report.

4. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

I had five people call me.

5. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

Had some family in IA gimme a buzz and we had some others up here call Jana.

6. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

I received a few, and received lots of grief from you know who when I got home, lol. Even though she knew I was fine. Oh well.

7. Slim

Slim Guest

My wife and I probably had about 10 people call. Especially around 6:45-7pm.

It was a little silly how many were calling considering they were telling people to stay off of cell phones to help out people who really needed to use them.

That footage on CNN.com is unreal.

8. niterydr

niterydr Legendary Status!

I called my dad who regularly does construction in that area, all is fine in my family, no-one was on that bridge (which is strange, 1/2 of my family seems to cross that bridge at some point in the day).

9. micahlarson

micahlarson Guest

I got about a hand full

10. RoadRageMotors

RoadRageMotors New Member

i had 2 call and about 10 ramdom strangers want to tell me about it

11. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

I had one call from Jay's mom and a bunch of friends from overseas and other states e-mailed me.

BTW, how did someone manage to get footage of the bridge collapsing? The camera was pointed straight at the exact point where it fell...

12. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

There are tons of cameras downtown... traffic cams, security cams, etc.

13. Nekko Noir

Nekko Noir =^_^=

Oh, nevermind. I guess it was a security camera.

14. Jesse MS3GT

Jesse MS3GT Querulous

My half sister from Tennessee called cuz it was on the news. Even my ex messaged me on myspace saying she was glad to see i was ok :rolleyes: