• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

How do I detail wheels?

Z

Z-licious

I'm about to get a new set of wheels and I wanna know a good way to detail and protect them. Should I just use the stuff I use for my car paint? Is it safe to clay bar them? I'm thinking what I will do before I put them on is wash them, clay them, then apply some Klasse All-in-one sealant on them. Will that work ok?

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
First you batter them, then deep fry. Peel off the batter and the wheels are all shiny and grit free!

W

WhiteSpy9

Did you get answer on your "OTHER FORUM" E?
Mind sharing here?

M

micahlarson

theres actually some meguiers wheel wax out there I believe and that helps brake dust not stick to them.. that's what I've used and it works great.. also I just wash them with some wheel and tire shine from eagle 1 and it works like a charm

Z

Z-licious

The wheels are clear coated so just use whatever you'd use on the paint of you car. The only difference is that your wheels get a lot hotter than your body panels so your wax probably won't last long.